+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watch the whole match again?

Watch the whole match again?

Not for the faint-hearted......watch aimless balls pumped up to aging strikers, a Notts goalie plucking balls from the back of his own onion-bag....... and a comedy special, featuring a left-back spinning around in circles looking for his attacking namesake....."there he is, he's gone, where'd he go? he was here a minute ago Boss....this'll look great on video"

No?......ok, rob the kid's piggy-bank and head off to the pub (they should be open now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adNgsrTxKKk

I watched it last night. It's hard to believe that six weeks of pre-season training and tactical analysis produced that shambles. As you say, it was unsophisticated hoofball, reminiscent of what we saw under Steve Thompson years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I watched it last night. It's hard to believe that six weeks of pre-season training and tactical analysis produced that shambles. As you say, it was unsophisticated hoofball, reminiscent of what we saw under Steve Thompson years ago.
    Call me a masochist, but I've just watched it all again....and I've solved a couple of mysteries.

Our ONLY shot on target was in injury time (palmed over by the Covo keeper) and gave us our SECOND corner ie only one corner in the previous 90 minutes of normal time....mmmmm

Strangely enough, Collin only used his backs ONCE in 90 minutes (kicked it to the right back who sprinted forward, kept possession and fed it into the box).......every other time, Collin pumped it high and hard.

Lastly, 23 Jones wasn't actually at fault for the second goal (my apologies), it looked like Tootle (I still cannot read the shirt numbers) doing the comedy "spinning dervish" routine......not to be outdone by Toots, Jones then copied the routine which led to the 3rd goal.....at least we were consistent!!

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Call me a masochist, but I've just watched it all again....and I've solved a couple of mysteries.

Our ONLY shot on target was in injury time (palmed over by the Covo keeper) and gave us our SECOND corner ie only one corner in the previous 90 minutes of normal time....mmmmm

Strangely enough, Collin only used his backs ONCE in 90 minutes (kicked it to the right back who sprinted forward, kept possession and fed it into the box).......every other time, Collin pumped it high and hard.

Lastly, 23 Jones wasn't actually at fault for the second goal (my apologies), it looked like Tootle (I still cannot read the shirt numbers) doing the comedy "spinning dervish" routine......not to be outdone by Toots, Jones then copied the routine which led to the 3rd goal.....at least we were consistent!!
    Nope, not Tootle doing a "spinning dervish" for their 2nd goal...he was stood on the far post in my slo-mo.....by a process of elimination it can only be 24 Milsom, as Jones was stranded half-way up the pitch after fluffing a free-kick.

Someone has some explaining to do over these shirts....grrrrr

My theory is as long as the ref can see the No's close up that's all that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Nope, not Tootle doing a "spinning dervish" for their 2nd goal...he was stood on the far post in my slo-mo.....by a process of elimination it can only be 24 Milsom, as Jones was stranded half-way up the pitch after fluffing a free-kick.

Someone has some explaining to do over these shirts....grrrrr
    The thought at the time regarding the second goal was that Jones could have made an interception and didn't and then slowly jogged back while they were attacking. The first and third third were 100% his fault.

CAN Collin be coached into NOT booting the ball as hard as he can to no-one in particular - or is that a clever tactic?

WILL Nolly ever pick a different pairing in attack other than Stead and Ameobi - or do their contracts say they must?

OUGHT Alan Hardy be persuaded to use his £100,000 to re-paint the names and numbers on the players' shirts in a colour that can be read further than five yards away - or are they the colour they are to preserve their anonymity?

Its the management and the players that need to watch it again. once is enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    My theory is as long as the ref can see the No's close up that's all that counts.
    What about the general public?......what about the commentators?

No idea if it was because of the numbers, but even the Ricoh announcer said it was 23 Jones coming off, not 20 Walker being replaced by Milsom....I made a right mess of my team sheet and notes

On the camera close-ups you can just about read the numbers....but not from the commentator's box or the back of the Kop, impossible

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    CAN Collin be coached into NOT booting the ball as hard as he can to no-one in particular - or is that a clever tactic?
    As I said in another thread, why do people think that it's up to Adam Collin where he distributes the ball and not the overall instructions he's been given to play direct? If he wanted to he could roll the ball out to a defender every time but we are quite clearly a (not very good) direct team and thus he kicks it up to Shola/Stead every time.

@Tarquin - The announcer got the substitute wrong because they held up the wrong numbers on the board at first, they then tried to change it, presumably it didn't work though because we then didn't see the board again for the rest of the subs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast