+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Ross County Away

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Aye, Eusebio was surplus to requirements, and ONJ felt a moistness when she saw the highlights. Joe Harper scored the other with a penalty. It’s 55 years ago tonight since we beat Reykjavik 10-0. There was a great reunion five years ago. I met Jinky Smith for the first time ever at that. I was like a 15 year old quine at the Shea Stadium gig in 1965, although I didna pish masel.
    Jimmy Smith was my first ever Dons idol.. Until Joey came along, Jinky's speciality was the "nutmeg" He came from Benburb Juniors ..and I canna remember the rest .. The 5th Beatle was Jinky, big in Newcastle inaw .

Jimmy Smith was my first ever Dons idol.. Until Joey came along, Jinky's speciality was the "nutmeg" He came from Benburb Juniors ..and I canna remember the rest .. The 5th Beatle was Jinky, big in Newcastle inaw .
    The night after I met Jinky, I went to see The Band Plays On in Glasgow, a heartfelt and emitional tribute to Paul Kossoff, for the second time that year. The drummer is Clive Edwards (ex-UFO, Wild Horses), and having had a pint with him at the previous gig, I knew he was a Spurs fan. I asked him how they were getting on, and he said that they’d either got a tanking, or handed one out to Newcastle recently. Their roadie was a Mag which made it all the more pleasing. He called the boy over to meet me, and I asked him if he remembered Jinky at Sid James Park (“because there’s always some sort of Carry On going on up there” according to a Smoggie ex-colleague). He said that Jinky was his hero, and when I said that I’d met him the night before, he asked to shake the hand with which I had shaken our shared hero’s. I had washed it since, like, but you know what road guerrillas’ hygiene is like.

http://www.bluesandmoreagain.com/review.php?rid=151

http://www.bluesandmoreagain.com/review.php?rid=151

They sure do. Bought a black pair last year !!!
    That's an age thing. Also had a red pair in 80. ( Progressed to a white pair going by my Gothenburg photos)

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I was like a 15 year old quine at the Shea Stadium gig in 1965, although I didna pish masel.

We only have your word on that.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Some people need to man up a little,if a wee bit of pyro is too much for you stick to church on a sunday
    Nine year old injured by a pyro at Parkred this week.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Nine year old injured by a pyro at Parkred this week.
    What's that got to do with us?

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    What's that got to do with us?
    Highlights that pyro is dangerous.

Ooooooooh

It would be far safer if everyone just stayed at home and watched it on TV

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Ooooooooh

It would be far safer if everyone just stayed at home and watched it on TV
    Not quite. It would be safer and more enjoyable without the pyro.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Not quite. It would be safer and more enjoyable without the pyro.
    The rest of the world seems to manage fine with it.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast