+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Meadow Lane Capacity - Social distancing

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Pie View Post
    KKK were predominantly Democrat Party supporters.
    When was that? I always thought that they were a far right American white supremacist hate group. I suppose that apart from hating anyone who isn't white, they might be very nice people.

KKK were predominantly Democrat Party supporters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    When was that? I always thought that they were a far right American white supremacist hate group. I suppose that apart from hating anyone who isn't white, they might be very nice people.
    What you have to remember Florida( welcome btw) is that Elite is an expert on everything.

We moved here 12 years ago, I didn't realise either. Watched a few documentaries, over time.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    What you have to remember Florida( welcome btw) is that Elite is an expert on everything.
    Thanks for the welcome 😁

We moved here 12 years ago, I didn't realise either. Watched a few documentaries, over time.
    I'd be genuinely interested if you could provide a link. I've had a quick look on Google and found:

The Ku Klux Klan’s original purpose was to oppose the Republican Party’s policies intended to establish economic and political equality for blacks after the Civil War.

I hate when people aren’t smart enough to realize that the KKK was formed by the Democratic Party," reads a Facebook post from Oct. 11, 2017. This post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. Though the post is a year old, it continues to circulate online, generating nearly 27,000 shares and 840 comments, many as recently as a day ago.

Back in 2013, Virginia State Sen. Stephen Martin also claimed that the KKK was created by Democrats. The Republican lawmaker soon retracted the statement.

I must admit I don't know a lot about the KKK's distant past, so you could be right. I'd just like to see some evidence.

I'd be genuinely interested if you could provide a link. I've had a quick look on Google and found:

The Ku Klux Klan’s original purpose was to oppose the Republican Party’s policies intended to establish economic and political equality for blacks after the Civil War.

I hate when people aren’t smart enough to realize that the KKK was formed by the Democratic Party," reads a Facebook post from Oct. 11, 2017. This post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. Though the post is a year old, it continues to circulate online, generating nearly 27,000 shares and 840 comments, many as recently as a day ago.

Back in 2013, Virginia State Sen. Stephen Martin also claimed that the KKK was created by Democrats. The Republican lawmaker soon retracted the statement.

I must admit I don't know a lot about the KKK's distant past, so you could be right. I'd just like to see some evidence.
    It was a few years ago, this is a link which explains a little

https://www.history.com/topics/recon...n/ku-klux-klan

It was a few years ago, this is a link which explains a little

https://www.history.com/topics/recon...n/ku-klux-klan
    Thanks for the link, even though it was 150 years ago I see where you are coming from.

ps as this shows, I'm not an expert in everything. It just appears that way when I converse with navypie.

There’s a debate going on here in Ireland about reducing the distance to 1m which is, apparently, the distance recommended by the WHO.

For extra atmosphere how about bringing back rattles?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinawhite1000 View Post
    I'd hope by the time football starts again a rule including masks could be allowed which would help greatly - even if it was 1 metre that would put capacity up to 3000+ in theory - however it would take forever to evacuate the stadium and still keep social distancing - so who knows what they would do.

Away fans would need to be banned too - to 1) allow as many home fans in as possible and 2) stop people cramming together on coaches and trains.
    I have to say, the whole of us in the Pavis wearing masks might be a frightening site .

You wouldn't know whether we were alive, or dead. So I suppose nothing would really change

Quote Originally Posted by ArabianNotts View Post
    There’s a debate going on here in Ireland about reducing the distance to 1m which is, apparently, the distance recommended by the WHO.

For extra atmosphere how about bringing back rattles?
    A rattle at 1m would be pretty dangerous!

What about bringing back airhorns?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast