+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You're still a Ferrari and we're still a Mini

You're still a Ferrari and we're still a Mini

Alright the Ferrari may be a 1976 308 GTB now, and it may have gearbox issues with rust and bold tyres.

All we've done is stick go faster stripes on our Mini.

re: You're still a Ferrari and we're still a Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Stan_van_nel
    Alright the Ferrari may be a 1976 308 GTB now, and it may have gearbox issues with rust and bold tyres.

All we've done is stick go faster stripes on our Mini.
    The Ferrari has failed its MOT, while yours has had a full upgrade in its engine...and go faster stripes

I still remember that Ternant interview. He did many similar in his (good) time down at Gigg Lane.

How did his comments go down over your side Stan, following that display & result?

And that Ferrari cost approximately 60,000,000 good old fashioned English pounds, unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, the hapless owners forgot to keep up with the repayments, and now the Banks have called time, and are calling in the debt.

Meanwhile, the little Mini, complete with full engine upgrade, was sensibly paid for in full at a fraction of its real value, and is now out of the blocks and motoring along at a real, steady pace, thank you very much.

UTC.

'How did his comments go down over your side Stan, following that display & result?'

Let's just say that they went down because he was correct.

I'll take this opportunity to say that I actually did mean that the tyres on the Ferrari are brave and courageous and have plenty of tread.

I didn't mean 'bald' at all.

I just compare the production figures for Minis and Ferraris.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkyclaret
    I just compare the production figures for Minis and Ferraris.
    To continue in the same vein though. Somebody offers you a choice between the Ferrari or a mini, I'm pretty sure I can imagine which you'd choose. As much fun & reliable a mini is, the ride in the Ferrari is much more of an exciting, sought after experience. While many havr ridden in a mini, only a select few have had the priveledge of a Ferrari. Okay, it needs a bit of a tweek, but its been one hell of a ride up to now, one I wouldnt swap for anything. And thats taking into consideration the last 3 years performance from said vehicle.

Champs a great response to the crowing tykes.

I just hope Rovers can come up with a similar winning response on Sunday.

I'd go Ferrari but then wish I hadn't...
    And whilst the build up to Sunday is the usual...do I sense, apart from the 4 or 5 loons that the banter is becoming what it should be...
    Can't wait for a cracking local derby...
    Then a few beers...

But if I was allowed to drive over on Sunday I would take a Mini, not only would it give me a decent chance of getting there without the help of the AA but also a possibility of it being in the same condition when I go back to it after the match!

Rvblue:'Champs a great response to the crowing tykes.'

Great response ? really, oh, OK. Anyway, to my main point, we've listened to you lot 'crowing' for donkey's years - I'd hardly call a couple of light-hearted replies to a mini/ferrari jokey thread 'crowing', would you really ?

Most Clarets really are just taking it a game a time - 39 points still to play for - owt can happen. As for Sunday, it could go either way -you could easily win it - we play as we can, we perhaps should (not often we have been able to say that, is that 'crowing' - no, just being positive).

UTC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)