+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

He has been a failure to date, see that was easy. He's on successful if he gets us promotion. Let's be perfectly honest he joins a long long list of failed Notts managers.

The fact you don't hold Alan Hardy responsible at all when he was so irresponsible with the club's finances and made so many poor decisions in a such a short time period , says everything I need to know.

We don't need to waste anymore time on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    I think you know i do not blame alan hardy at all, he appointed Ardley in good faith, when Ardley knew the situation at Notts, and told Hardy he could do something, not only that hardy heavily backed him in the transfer window ,yet ardley still failed that is his fault and no body elses, outwit by campbell with no resources and no pay
    Just admit Ardley is a failure and as continued to be so
    I want him gone, and if that means Notts have to set back initailly to do so, i believe in the long run we will be much better without him
    He appointed him in good faith .... that did make me LOL as a defence of Hardy.

Does any chairman ever appoint a manager otherwise?

Hardy is not responsible for Ardley relegating us, its Ardleys job as a manager to get the results necessary, you lot defending this clown will never end

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    He has been a failure to date, see that was easy. He's on successful if he gets us promotion. Let's be perfectly honest he joins a long long list of failed Notts managers.

The fact you don't hold Alan Hardy responsible at all when he was so irresponsible with the club's finances and made so many poor decisions in a such a short time period , says everything I need to know.

We don't need to waste anymore time on this.
    And for the tenth time, what has all that got to do with Ardleys job of managing the team, and doing the job he was appointed for

I put it another way, if i apply for a job and i am hired, if i do a crap job, its not my fault at all, but the company for employing me -

It hasn't, although the sh!tshow behind the scenes didn't help matters. Worries about non payment of wages, putting club up for sale, bath gate.

Davy that's a good analogy, if the same HR department at that company hired someone who did an overall good job but then ran into some problems for the first time and was sacked, they then expensively hired someone and then fired them a few months later and had to pay compensation and then finally hired you who did a crap job all within the same calendar year.

Maybe the person at the company in the HR department making all the hirings and firings is the problem, to blame and needs sacking. Not the people they employed.

If the owner doesn't overreact and chop and change we don't get relegated IMO. I don't know that for certain (nobody does) but my opinion.

Hope that helps

It hasn't, although the sh!tshow behind the scenes didn't help matters. Worries about non payment of wages, putting club up for sale, bath gate.

Davy that's a good analogy, if the same HR department at that company hired someone who did an overall good job but then ran into some problems for the first time and was sacked, they then expensively hired someone and then fired them a few months later and had to pay compensation and then finally hired you who did a crap job all within the same calendar year.

Maybe the person at the company in the HR department making all the hirings and firings is the problem, to blame and needs sacking. Not the people they employed.

If the owner doesn't overreact and chop and change we don't get relegated IMO. I don't know that for certain (nobody does) but my opinion.

Hope that helps
    Ardley was allowed to bring in a number of his own players. At the time there was enough matches left to pick up enough points to keep us in the league. He failed to do a simple task given to him. He should have been sacked after the final whistle at Swindon..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He should have been sacked after the final whistle at Swindon..
    Couldn't afford it!

Agreed but... All three managers with what they were given failed. Nolan had the most money spent on the squad (Dennis and Enzio alone cost how much?) His task was to start the season well after the previous positive play off campaign and what should have been a well prepared season. We started in comically horrifically bad. Failed.

Kewell inherited the same expensively assembled squad started well then fell out with owner, players, and I hear lost the dressing room. Failed.

Ardley came inherited the same squad albeit split now, added all the players he wanted to which should have been enough to remain the league. But he didn't we went out with a whimper with an increasing difficult backdrop of nonsense off the field. With those signings he should have kept us up. He didn't. Failed.

All three had awful records when in charge that season. Relegation form.

The reason Ardley wasn't sacked IMO after Swindon game because the owner Failed more than anyone and was trying desperately to sell the club. Therefore wasn't in a position to sack anyone and he was trying to leave. Failed.

Everyone bar the fans failed that season.

Agreed but... All three managers with what they were given failed. Nolan had the most money spent on the squad (Dennis and Enzio alone cost how much?) His task was to start the season well after the previous positive play off campaign and what should have been a well prepared season. We started in comically horrifically bad. Failed.

Kewell inherited the same expensively assembled squad started well then fell out with owner, players, and I hear lost the dressing room. Failed.

Ardley came inherited the same squad albeit split now, added all the players he wanted to which should have been enough to remain the league. But he didn't we went out with a whimper with an increasing difficult backdrop of nonsense off the field. With those signings he should have kept us up. He didn't. Failed.

All three had awful records when in charge that season. Relegation form.

The reason Ardley wasn't sacked IMO after Swindon game because the owner Failed more than anyone and was trying desperately to sell the club. Therefore wasn't in a position to sack anyone and he was trying to leave. Failed.

Everyone bar the fans failed that season.
    I would have thought avoiding relegation was part of his contract agreement, in which case he wouldnt qualify for any substantial payout..

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Couldn't afford it!
    Oh yeah I forgot about that, good point ncfcog. There was no money left in the cookie jar.

Now that is the owners fault. Failed.

Page 67 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast