+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT The Ashes & Notts CCC

OT The Ashes & Notts CCC

Can it get any worse? England 67 all out.

Add to Notts having Yorkshire 38 - 5 and then losing heavily, we really should give up!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

Add to Notts having Yorkshire 38 - 5 and then losing heavily, we really should give up!
    England had a decent spell over lunch....40 minutes, without losing a wicket!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

It will all be sorted at the end of the season for Notts Moores is being shown the door l understand. Not b4 time either he thinksby keep winning the T20 Trophy it will keep him in a job.

The first thing we should do is sack Root as captain he is useless on the same level as KP.

He clearly wants to bat 4 but he is like a big baby "ok I will bat 3 then" a real leader like Kohli would say i'm batting 4 end of.

Bayliss is a lucky man he delivered the world cup as our test record under him is shocking I mean you will always have a poor performance but with him we are out on a regular basis under 100.

Gotta feel for Broad / Archer bowling out their skin in this series to be let down by so called batters.

Notts CCC are even worse and I hope we don't qualify for the T20 QF as I want drastic action Newell / Pursehouse should be walking first.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    The first thing we should do is sack Root as captain he is useless on the same level as KP.

He clearly wants to bat 4 but he is like a big baby "ok I will bat 3 then" a real leader like Kohli would say i'm batting 4 end of.

Bayliss is a lucky man he delivered the world cup as our test record under him is shocking I mean you will always have a poor performance but with him we are out on a regular basis under 100.

Gotta feel for Broad / Archer bowling out their skin in this series to be let down by so called batters.

Notts CCC are even worse and I hope we don't qualify for the T20 QF as I want drastic action Newell / Pursehouse should be walking first.
    You'll be lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    You'll be lucky.
    I know only Moores is likely to go I mean why even keep him until the end of the season.

... batting no better than rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... batting no better than rounders.

That's exactly what it is really, rounders. We have a generation of batsmen now who are trapped in a T20 sluggers' mindset and haven't got the slightest clue how to pick shots, wait for the bad ball or carefully craft a test match innings. The batsmen of other international test teams aren't much better to be fair, but we've completely lost the plot. T20 and one-day internationals won't be going anywhere because they're far more commercially successful but they're gradually killing the long form of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    That's exactly what it is really, rounders. We have a generation of batsmen now who are trapped in a T20 sluggers' mindset and haven't got the slightest clue how to pick shots, wait for the bad ball or carefully craft a test match innings.
    I don't understand why the change of mindset is so difficult. If you are chasing 12 an over with two overs left you know you have to look to attack every ball. If you only have to score 180 to gain a first innings lead with four days of the game left, you can be patient and wait for the loose ball even if you're only scoring at two an over. As a Forest fan once said, it's not rocket surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don't understand why the change of mindset is so difficult. If you are chasing 12 an over with two overs left you know you have to look to attack every ball. If you only have to score 180 to gain a first innings lead with four days of the game left, you can be patient and wait for the loose ball even if you're only scoring at two an over. As a Forest fan once said, it's not rocket surgery.
    It shouldn't be difficult in theory, especially for cricketers, who tend to be more intelligent than your average footballer. However, I suspect that if you're playing the short form of the game for the vast majority of the time, you gradually slip into bad, sloppy habits without even realising you're doing it. In mental and technical terms the rot sets in, and you see it in the shot selection and technique of these players when they face the best bowlers in test conditions. The flaws get ruthlessly exposed. Yes, they play the long game in County Championship matches but the standard of bowling attacks is far more variable than at Test level.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast