+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another drum ban

Another drum ban

Seems the drum is banned tomorrow...

re: Another drum ban

Not surprised.. Hibs started it, and by making a fuss over it other clubs have caught wind.

let's not turn into sevco fans on the back of this and threat to boycott half of scotland. Just have to stamp and clap louder i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sup3rw3ll
    Not surprised.. Hibs started it, and by making a fuss over it other clubs have caught wind.

let's not turn into sevco fans on the back of this and threat to boycott half of scotland. Just have to stamp and clap louder i suppose.
    To be fair on our last visit to St Mirren quite a number of our fans acted like @rseholes, I don't excuse the police or stewarding response however we put ourselves on their "potential fpuckwit" radar.

Banning the drum is both petty and pathetic. What harm would it do other than to give us an off the field advantage?

As for our last visit I don't condone the use of flares or smoke bombs as they are banned from grounds, but I wouldn't say that a number of our fans were out of order. A few yes but no more than a few. The incident on our last visit was blown out of all proportion.

The problem is that our support is small enough for the Police & stewards to actively target.

Strikes me St Midden are desperate to dampen our support, thus strengthening their chances. It's a massive game for them. Not allowing the drum in will make our victory all the sweeter. Besides, I'm sure if what I expect to be a big travelling support synchronise the clapping and chanting, we'll make more noise than the drummer does !

For a good few years now myself and our club have been trying to encourage the improvement of the whole match day experience for football fans. You make it more colourful, noisier and more enjoyable all round and people are more likely to come to watch scottish football.
    A lot of effort has been put in to what we so often enjoy at away games as Well fans. I really thought football was supposed to be an entertainment business?
    I took a work colleague to an away game and he didnt really enjoy the football that much but thought the noise and atmosphere that was created by the motherwell support was fantastic. This in turn prompted him to ask me when he could next come along to a game therefore putting more money into scottish footballs coffers. Have we not driven enough fans away from our national sport? The short term thinking in our game is killing it. I wish people would get a grip on this. It is a drum! We will drown out the st midden support anyway. Lol

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)