+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: County beating Celtic

County beating Celtic

Jordan White the scorer...

Finished 1-0 which brings County to within two points of us.

I’m seriously worried now. It’s almost as if things are starting to align for us to be relegated this season.

A player who offered nothing for us moves on and scores the winner against Celtic to get Ross County a result we could only dream of...that just sums up our season. It just seems like everything that could go wrong, has and is going wrong.

I agree with LSM. For some time now we have been on the end of a series of negative impacts - unprecedented injury list, soft penalties, bad refereeing decisions, Covid cancelled matches disrupting our run of games. All these are not helping, But I also see, more worryingly, a lack of belief and leadership on the pitch, things we could influence but are failing to do so. I saw some of the County game and they showed no signs of nerves, they pressed and harried Celtic and looked like a team fighting for their future and for their club. Accies are the same. I just do not see that from our team. Some individuals- Watt, Campbell - but that’s it. I, too, am seriously worried.

Accies and County players are fighting for each other and their respective clubs survival. Very few of either teams players are likely to be playing for a different club and know they are playing for their own future.So they are giving their all to maintain their own living standards, unlike ourselves who have a squad of players the majority of which obviously think they will be moving on to bigger and better things and don’t need to compete for our club on the pitch. Alexander must surely know who he can and cannot trust to give their all for him and the club, so IMO he has to stick with these players and forget about the others no matter who or what their reputation are. Wednesday’s game means if we were to win we would drag St.Johnstone,Dundee Utd and St. Mirren into a fight to escape the bottom six. Lose on Wednesday and it will look like only 4teams will be fighting to avoid the dreaded drop

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Jordan White the scorer...
    Was inevitable wasn't it ?

There's certainly a feeling at the minute that along with being terrible, things out with our control as conspiring against us...a flukey win could change that of course but hard to see it coming right now.

Aye, this isn't our season. So many things going wrong. Bad recruitment; old manager ran out of ideas; no leadership or fight on the pitch; huge injury list; new manager struggling to find his feet; poor refereeing decisions; dressing room issues. If we stay up we'll have earned the right to do so.

Regardless one's opinion of White, he was never given a run or had the service a No9 his strength requires.
    Had we provided a quality of ball into box, perhaps seen a different White, i.e. the one Ross County got.

We are and still void of getting quality cross balls into the box and more often they never get past 1st man of defence.
    Our cross balls are either non-existant or woeful ... I find both wing backs guilty poor delivery.
    Moving on .... unless our new 'loan' and AWOL recruits can deliver, we're in deep ****.

A core of Kelly-Gallagher-Campbell/O'Hara will either hit form and keep us up or we're down.

January was clearly a difficult window for everyone, quality was at an absolute premium and while we were obviously right to gamble on finding a gem, it's safe to say it hasn't worked (Kelly apart).

So it's down to the handful of vaguely competent players we had before...no wonder we're not confident!

My gut feeling is Gallagher will not play for us again this season, as one more game for us will trigger his year contract extension. Going by media reports various clubs are looking at him and he will no doubt be able to negotiate a better deal for himself as a free agent than have a club pay a fee for him. The only thing that might alter this is if he believes he can make the Scotland squad for the Euros and has to be currently playing to get in the squad. We desperately need to get a settled starting eleven and points on the board before we are looking at a lower league for our football next season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)