+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Mellon does decide to go...Who?

If Mellon does decide to go...Who?

Much is being said about Mellon and the Doncaster link. So if he does go; Who?

Whilst some are not keen on his tactics, he has kept us in the Premiership and got us Q Finals of the cup.

Its another at least season for me and i think he seems to be part of the bigger picture of the whole club structure i.e. youth set up, therefore important, he has shown that he will give youth a chance.

I know all depends on what is available but i like the back to basics approach and work ethic; rather than the seemingly mind boggling 'coaching manual' bottom line its about winning, but also knowing the limitations.

So who would be the candidate to succeed?

He is doing a great job in my opinion and it is only Dee Dee Thompson that runs stories about the possibility he might leave. Wishful thinking. Dundee United are going in a very positive direction on and off the park. C'mon United!

Dont think he will. despite all the poor performances i want to see him with a full summer under his belt and some of his players.

I’m not really wanting a change mainly due to the fact that after the last 6 years since THAT transfer window night it’s felt like constant turmoil so some stability moving forward would be more than helpful. HOWEVER, much as I want to give him time, you still have doubts about MM. Yes, he has kept us up and the last couple of months have shown a distinct improvement in the League yet we then chuck in a couple of performance like v Thistle and then again last night that make you wonder what the phuck is actually going on. I really think that at the moment the team is so conditioned to playing a particular way that when we come up against inferior opposition where we are expected to dictate rather than sit in, we can’t do it. It’s like we’ve forgotten how to. And don’t get me started on McNulty - him starting every week increasingly makes no sense whatsoever. Overall, no I don’t want MM to go right now however for these reasons I can understand how others may see it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I’m not really wanting a change ...... don’t get me started on McNulty - him starting every week increasingly makes no sense whatsoever. Overall, no I don’t want MM to go right now .
    McNulty is a total puzzle - its like playing with 10 men!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    McNulty is a total puzzle - its like playing with 10 men!
    Name:  mcn.JPG
Views: 977
Size:  21.2 KB

He is too good for us

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post

He is too good for us
    I genuinely think he thinks this.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I genuinely think he thinks this.
    I genuinely think so too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post

He is too good for us
    Truly brilliant and so apt.

Micky deserves a chance to setup his own team after keeping us pretty much away from any relegation worries the whole season, especially with pretty much the same squad as last season. Only then can we really judge him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)