+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 148 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1706

Thread: Have We Signed Anyone Yet?

If we really can't attract someone worthwhile for 10k a week then use the money in offering some bumper contracts out to a few players. I know it doesn't work out like this but 4k more to Dan and Chieo long term. In an ideal world where they would accept. Another couple of k to Vickers perhaps (is it him out of contract or Viktor? Or both?)

Pay the proven who want to play for the club.

Apart from the sadly predictable sweeping generalisation of the town, I agree Mellow.

Its obvious that Fletcher wasn't interested from day 1. He was just messing us about until someother team got involved.

Watford pay is wages and a couple of grand above us from Wigan won't make any difference to him. If he'd wanted to come here he could have said no to Wigan and asked Watford to do the deal. Not the nice human being i think we were looking for.
    If it's true that we were willing to go to 10.000 quid then doesn't it upset our pay scale and unsettle the others, that's something we have always strived not to do, to keep harmony in the dressing room.?

Should now pay more to keep Cheio and Dan.

I also add my support to Mellow’s observations.

I tend to stay on the sidelines in these debates born out of understandable emotion rather than known facts but I have to say I’m more swayed by the opinions that try to rationalize what ‘is’ rather than what ‘ought to be’.

Quote Originally Posted by poddington View Post
    Apart from the sadly predictable sweeping generalisation of the town, I agree Mellow.
    Yes, my apologies for that generalisation Poddington.
    In my defence, I had to go into the town centre recently (something I rarely do) and it wasn't a pretty sight and nor were some of the people hanging around and shouting obscenities at anyone who passed by.
    Of course there are some lovely areas on the outskirts of town and maybe we need Ronnie and Breck to show any potential investors around those 😉.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I didn't say I was happy listening to TS saying pretty much the same thing every season and I'm certainly not looking at this through rose tinted glasses.
    Personally I think we should have walked away from this loan deal as soon as the player asked for more time in the hope of securing something better. Also a salary of £18k per week is miles away from our capabilities and even a significant percentage of that would probably have put him on far more than our highest earner.
    What I'm struggling with is why people expect TS to plough more of his money into a club that struggles to sell even 7500 season tickets. You say you're a successful business man so would you do that if you were chairman?
    Also, how do you attract realistic long-term investment when the club is so poorly supported and, let's face it, in a sh*t hole of a town?
    Perhaps the people who routinely criticise TS need a healthy dose of realism and to be careful what they wish for.
    This post should be top of thread but sadly like many other sensible ones it’s lost on some.

I only go to town for match days sadly
    They may try and do it up but sometimes it’s not what’s there but who’s there and hardly any police present
    I feel for the businesses that do their best and hope that one day it’ll all pay off

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    If we really can't attract someone worthwhile for 10k a week then use the money in offering some bumper contracts out to a few players. I know it doesn't work out like this but 4k more to Dan and Chieo long term. In an ideal world where they would accept. Another couple of k to Vickers perhaps (is it him out of contract or Viktor? Or both?)

Pay the proven who want to play for the club.
    Fully agree with that,that's common sense.We have some very good players here.Extend the contracts with improved salaries and if some big club comes in with a huge offer we allow them to go.

If we increased the wages of five our players by 3k a week that would represent just 11% of the 7 million that we receive from being in the championship.It makes sense trying to keep the quality players we have and we can afford to do this.

Sadly,common sense and football fans don't seem to meet very often.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    If we increased the wages of five our players by 3k a week that would represent just 11% of the 7 million that we receive from being in the championship.It makes sense trying to keep the quality players we have and we can afford to do this.
    Out of interest who are your five?

Have to agree about offering to pay our most prized assets more in order to retain their services now, or we could very well have our next departures of the Smith and Ihiekwe scenario.

Page 148 of 171 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast