+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cumbrias Red Squirrels

Cumbrias Red Squirrels

Friday. 12.40am BBC4

Film following Cumbrias red squirrels throughout the seasons and revealing the work of some of the many people who ensure they continue to thrive and survive

Wouldn’t be surprised if I see the ginger arsed bleeders sticking their middle finger up to me as I pass within feet of ‘em

Off topic but my brother in law is on gardeners world this friday showing his wild garden in devon.

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    Off topic but my brother in law is on gardeners world this friday showing his wild garden in devon.
    Should see mine… Mrs BDB is not happy… 😰😀

Is “wild garden” a euphemism? And are the police involved?

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Is “wild garden” a euphemism? And are the police involved?
    At least it wasn’t his sister showing her wild garden off but tbh thst wouldn’t be on until the watershed

He trims a nice bush apparently.

What a lovely programme Cumbrias Red Squirrels was to watch seeing how people protect the red squirrels from the grey,I would have given good money to see and hold Oscar when he was a kitten and it must be both a joyous and sad time to let the squirrels back into the wild,I’m not so sure about releasing pine martins into the wild though to curb the grey squirrel population as long term it could be a real problem in a few decades time

There was also a bloke that drove up from London regularly just to photograph squirrels and let them take food from his hands,I didn’t like him

Anyway it’s renewed my interest in seeing one again,with numbers only being around 250,000 left I can’t leave this mortal coil without seeing one in the wild so fingers crossed for a Carlisle v Notts fixture in a warm month and I will make a few days of it

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    Enjoyed watching that segment of the programme Pete,your brother in law is very knowledgeable about nature and bees in particular,who knew that there’s over 40 species of bee that can visit your garden and I loved the apples in the tree to attract birds

Don't see much of him due to the distance between Devon and Cumbria but he's a good guy who is also very knowlegable about Birds and Insects also,been on national TV many times with the likes of Bill Oddie and Kate Humble.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)