+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ciaran Clark

I notice that BBC and SKY are happy to show POWs face's on TV!
    They should stop that...it's lazy journalism. These soldiers once caught should not be exposed to TV cameras or cameras in general without blurring out the individual......Regardless of which side they are from.....

Have no problem with some of the players in themselves that have been mentioned in the rumourmill lately as they may be older but offer experience and better quality than what we currently have. The problem is that we are bringing them in in addition to those older but mediocre/poor players we already have rather than getting rid of them first. Not only that, but Bruce seems to be of the opinion that these are worth keeping!

I know that getting shot of our poor players is far easier said than done but we will end up with a glut of older players past their prime and no money left to bring in those we really need. A decent balance between experience and youth would be nice but can't see it happening under Bruce and current management regime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I notice that BBC and SKY are happy to show POWs face's on TV!
    They should stop that...it's lazy journalism. These soldiers once caught should not be exposed to TV cameras or cameras in general without blurring out the individual......Regardless of which side they are from.....
    I have posted this in the wrong thread.......

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Have no problem with some of the players in themselves that have been mentioned in the rumourmill lately as they may be older but offer experience and better quality than what we currently have. The problem is that we are bringing them in in addition to those older but mediocre/poor players we already have rather than getting rid of them first. Not only that, but Bruce seems to be of the opinion that these are worth keeping!

I know that getting shot of our poor players is far easier said than done but we will end up with a glut of older players past their prime and no money left to bring in those we really need. A decent balance between experience and youth would be nice but can't see it happening under Bruce and current management regime.
    Spot on, a mixture of experience and youth not a team full of Brucie’s over 30’s mates

I just typed 'Ciaran Clark mistakes' into my browser. Haven't bothered to read any of the links but the headlines don't make for very encouraging reading 🤣 🤣 🤣 .........

https://www.google.com/search?q=ciar...obile&ie=UTF-8

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I just typed 'Ciaran Clark mistakes' into my browser. Haven't bothered to read any of the links but the headlines don't make for very encouraging reading 🤣 🤣 🤣 .........

https://www.google.com/search?q=ciar...obile&ie=UTF-8

Seen these mistakes 68 but for sure knowing our club he will now get a 3 year contract on 50 grand a week! Communicating from Newcastle to be negotiated or a luxury Solihull penthouse thrown in 😂

I don’t see how the club could justify signing Clark when Bruce has recently stated that there are too many centre backs already at the club. It couldn’t be a case of Bruce going back to an old pal from his Newcastle days, could it?

I’m sure that Bruce has a decent understanding of the abilities of our squad. Certainly he will disagree with some of us. However, it is not as simple as getting shot of the dead wood and securing better replacements. The financial implications linked to players’ contracts must feature in his assessments. Bruce will have a budget and keeping, say Zohore (rather than losing £5+ million on a sale) may be a better financial option, in his overall sale & spend viability.

I’m sure that Bruce has a decent understanding of the abilities of our squad. Certainly he will disagree with some of us. However, it is not as simple as getting shot of the dead wood and securing better replacements. The financial implications linked to players’ contracts must feature in his assessments. Bruce will have a budget and keeping, say Zohore (rather than losing £5+ million on a sale) may be a better financial option, in his overall sale & spend viability.

It’s depressing. These names. Players we didn’t take years ago. Same names but now older, down the pecking order. We target players getting over serious injuries, players clubs want to get rid of (how we got Zohore or EEHaw) or players nobody else wants probably for the same reasons I just mentioned. Sick of the same old mantra. Three poor teams coming down and we’ve managed to weaken the team so much that three weak teams coming down will still be better than us. We always NEVER take our chances and push on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)