+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stockport V Hartlepool

Stockport V Hartlepool

Can anyone force themselves to take an interest in this? Who will watch?

What's the angle...

is it who we want out of the league for next season...
    an opponent for Torquay (best or worst)

Think I want Stockport to win both games, mainly to give us a chance for revenge on both the other two

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

What's the angle...

Think I want Stockport to win both games, mainly to give us a chance for revenge on both the other two
    Nah, can't be ar5ed now we're not a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

What's the angle...

It would be best for Stockport to go up because they are the club with spending power. If Torquay miss out, I can't see them doing as well next season. In the context of what they've done since last being relegated out of the EFL seven years ago, this was the first time they've finished higher than 13th!

Hartlepool have a much more impressive history this century than Torquay, are seemingly coming good again and have become a bogey team for us at this level, but they probably won't be taking as big strides as Stockport will next season.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It would be best for Stockport to go up because they are the club with spending power. If Torquay miss out, I can't see them doing as well next season. In the context of what they've done since last being relegated out of the EFL seven years ago, this was the first time they've finished higher than 13th!

Hartlepool have a much more impressive history this century than Torquay, are seemingly coming good again and have become a bogey team for us at this level, but they probably won't be taking as big strides as Stockport will next season.
    Yeah, seems like a plan - let Stockport get the first bit of revenge for us
    It's on the verge of being local for me so I'd lose out on an easy away day, but those trips to the coast are good too.

Like to see Hartlepool out of the way. They always beat us.

Not watching but I believe either will beat Torquay in the final

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Agree

Not that interested, but from a budgetry perspective, I would sooner see the back of Stockport.
    Any team that can pay Rooney and Madden must have serious backers and if they don't go up will probably spend big again.
    It's going to be a mammoth job next season as it is, what with Wrexham (the new Salford), Chesterfield, a potentially rejuvenated Grimsby ((new owners/ground (?)), Southend, plus possibly Torquay, Bromley, Daggers.
    Nobody really knows Notts spending power but I would be surprised if it's on a par with a couple of the above teams.
    However Sutton, Barrow, Cheltenham etc have proved it can be done.

Stockport to go up for me. Torquay won’t be the same force again next season and I think we will get the better of Pools as well.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Watched Stocport v Torquay the other week. They drew, but Torquay were the better side

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast