+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts (A)

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Looking at challenges like this I usually think what would I be saying if it were the other way round. That challenge against one of our players I would be howling for a red card all day long and I reckon most complaining about the sending off today would do the same if they were honest with themselves.
    I tend to agree with you there Perth, no doubt he does catch him after getting the ball. It’s the total inconsistency that grates, i.e Ryan Jack no where near the ball and only a yellow. I take it that a panel cannot review this as they did with Butcher on Turnbull a couple of seasons back and offer a ban. What is worse with yesterdays, is that you have 3 ex Rangers punters, critiquing a foul on an ex hun, saying it was a red all day long, therefore absolutely no point in any appeal whatsoever as Edwards has been hung out to dry by Old Firm Scene!

Not one pundit on the radio said it was not a red,what a few said was in the good old days its yellow but today the follow through makes it a red.One of them did say if that's a red then Ryan Jacks last week is a certain sending off because he did not get the ball and Edwards did.I did say that VAR would not help us but be a benefit to the Old Firm.

I was not 100% correct though i was right that overall its of no benefit to us,but lets be fair here its no done Celtic many favours either.The main benefactors of VAR is this country's establishment club The Rangers,they were struggling last week v ST Johnstone but VAR sent aff Nicky Clark and Collum point blank refused to send off Ryan Jack.

The Rangers centre half Connor Goldson must be invisible to VAR as he handles the ball in his own box nearly every week but has yet to concede a penalty.In my eyes the game in Scotland is corrupt no doubt about it.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...dson-handball/

https://thecelticblog.com/2023/02/ar...ly-outrageous/

Sure its 50 games since The Rangers conceded a domestic penalty which is truly staggering.

The challenge was worse than Pittmans for Livi vs St. Mirren last month. He was also red-carded after a VAR review. They appealed and it was thrown out. In todays game, its a red all day long unfortunately.

He'll miss the cup tie and the Fermers game.

Truly staggering because of the amount of penalty's given against almost every other team in the league including Celtic when VAR was first introduced,Hearts were also let off of conceding a stonewaller v Celtic at Tynecastle but The Rangers emerged unscathed fae the early VAR penalty frenzy.

Celtic got the most ridiculous penalty courtesy of VAR and Clancy recently at home to Morton, at 0-0 with Morton playing well, game ruined

This is what I am saying, a bad referee is a bad referee. Nothing really to do with VAR.

Sending of cost us. We were excellent in the first half and cld have been 2/3 up. That said the goals were all preventable. Shanks gets time to chest the ball bring it down turn and hit it. Levitt sold a dummy leads to the 2nd and Humphrey’s runs out with the ball accompanied by 2 players and still manages to get shot off.

Levitt for me is on a really poor vain of forum and I get that aggression is not part of his game but yesterday he pulled out of most if not all the challenges and did nothing to try and win any balls back. After been sold a dummy for the 2nd he barely gets up to a jog to go after the player. If pawlett and McGrath weren’t injured yesterday I wld be looking for him to be dropped. The keeper who has been very much improved the last few games for me didn’t cover himself in glory either. He cld have at least stuck his hand out in an attempt to stop the 2nd and why was he so far off his line for the 2nd?

There is still hope but with injuries beginning to pile up the squad is so thin we may struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Celtic got the most ridiculous penalty courtesy of VAR and Clancy recently at home to Morton, at 0-0 with Morton playing well, game ruined
    This is very true as i highlighted it on this very board.This was of course after their manager said his team were not getting a fair crack of the whip.
    I return to my original point though,is it possible for any team to go FIFTY penalty free domestic games without a helping hand from the officials?,i say NO.
    Is therefore ther game in Scotland corrupt?,i say YES.

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Eh??
    Yeah, he catches the player, because that player is late going into the challenge. Edwards clearly kicks the ball, and that in itself means his foot will follow through. His foot is not high, it’s a natural movement from his momentum kicking the ball (physics). If others think that this is a red card, then the game is totally fecked!
    If there was any doubt about the ineptitude of our referees then watch the VAR reviews with that idiot Stuart Dougle.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    This is what I am saying, a bad referee is a bad referee. Nothing really to do with VAR.
    The problem for me is that VAR is getting involved when it shouldn’t be.
    The rule is that ‘clear and obvious error by the referee.’
    Our VAR people are getting involved when they disagree with the referee and not because he’s missed something.
    Common sense tells you that if it needs discussion then it can’t be obvious.
    Being stuck with incompetent referees only makes it worse.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)