+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Utd/killie/county mini relegation league

Utd/killie/county mini relegation league

After last night's walloping of County by M'well the league is now looking like the bottom 3 are becoming anexed.

I'd like to think we can top this mini league and so escape play-off or automatic relegation.

There are 30 games to go which sounds like a lot but it isn't, dogfights are notoriously difficult to escape.

But the two results I'll be looking for each week after our own are Killie's & County's.

They'll be fighting tooth & nail as well.

I'd bite your hand off for 10th place but it's not going to be easy.

The whole situation is an absolute ****ing disgrace

On Thursday 4th August I was standing on the concourse five minutes after the final whistle (I wasn't for leaving) glorifying in what I later rated as one of my top 10 Tannadice experiences.

That was just two months ago!

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    On Thursday 4th August I was standing on the concourse five minutes after the final whistle (I wasn't for leaving) glorifying in what I later rated as one of my top 10 Tannadice experiences.

That was just two months ago!
    I talk about this a lot when folk ask me wtf's going on with Utd. That night should live with us forever. It was absolutely incredible. Yet 2 months on & it's very almost been forgotten about because of what's happened after it.

A bit early for this kind of thread is it no? No probably not! But let it be noted that Coonty had taken 3 points from a possible 30 in their 1st ten games last season with their 1st win in the league coming in game number 11 with a 0-5 away whooping of THE FUN and they then went on to miss Europe by a ba hair finishing 6th......so stop being pessimistic Spidey. Believe😁

Firmly of the belief we're in a relegation dogfight unfortunately. Looking at other teams results after eight games is a dire situation to be in. 😔

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    A bit early for this kind of thread is it no? No probably not! But let it be noted that Coonty had taken 3 points from a possible 30 in their 1st ten games last season with their 1st win in the league coming in game number 11 with a 0-5 away whooping of THE FUN and they then went on to miss Europe by a ba hair finishing 6th......so stop being pessimistic Spidey. Believe😁
    I fully believe that what you describe at the end there will happen yet again, but Coonty keep doing that season after season! Still hopeful of getting back in touch with the middle ground, but not this side of Christmas! Please dont judge me though!

I am still of the belief we will be closer to Europe than to relegation. I do drink a lot but have been right at least one time before.

I'm never pessimistic, honestly, but I know it when I see it.
    The height of our ambitions this season is to finish 10th, we're in it & it's devilish hard to get out of it.
    Even a marked improvement in results is going to have us still languishing in the bottom three.
    Just wanting to warn everyone, be prepared for an almighty battle.
    Fasten your seatbelts.

ATID.

As much as I'd like to see Tony Watt in the Championship there's no way Dundee Utd will go down and to talk of 3 relegation candidates after 8/9 games is crazy talk. I'm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)