+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jimmy Thelin

Jimmy Thelin

The Swede deserves his own thread, rather than using the Next Manager one (hopefully we won't need to use that one for a while)

Anyway, he's had his first press conference at Pittodrie.

He says he's chuffed to be at Aberdeen at last, he can "smell" the culture and history of the club (don't know what he means by that), and he says it's a chipper, nae a chippy.

He says his football philosophy is "fast paced, clear direction and a solid block when we defend".

Good to have him here at last.

I’m sure he’s fully aware, but you’ve got to wonder how he’s going to implement his style with the players he’s got though.

The lack of width & pace being two glaring deficiencies.

Hopefully a fair few signings to come yet - certainly needed….

Welcome Jimmy loon, its official now, you’ve got yer ane threid on MAD.

Did he mention DNA? He’s obviously been fed that to drop in; no sign of challenger brand yet that I’m aware of

This thread has to last a long time regardless of ‘success’. He has to be given time, not to derail but felt Glass was almost given the boot too soon.
    Given player churn since we can’t go through this yet again. Which reminds me did we ever get a Technical Director or whatever it was the ‘review’ proposed?

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    The Swede deserves his own thread, rather than using the Next Manager one (hopefully we won't need to use that one for a while)

Anyway, he's had his first press conference at Pittodrie.

He says he's chuffed to be at Aberdeen at last, he can "smell" the culture and history of the club (don't know what he means by that), and he says it's a chipper, nae a chippy.

He says his football philosophy is "fast paced, clear direction and a solid block when we defend".
    Has he made his mind up if it's rowies or butteries?

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    He hisnae tried one yet.

Our press will pile the pressure on him from the beginning as he's not one of the clique and we will have blips along the way, but we have to give him time to adapt to us and us to him.

Based on nothing at all, I have a feeling we'll be alright with Jimmy T at the helm and looking forward to the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    Obligatory ‘it’s a roll’ post

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Based on nothing at all, I have a feeling we'll be alright with Jimmy T at the helm and looking forward to the new season.
    Exactly this! Something (no idea what) tells me he won't need as long some suspect he might to get things going in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Our press will pile the pressure on him from the beginning as he's not one of the clique and we will have blips along the way, but we have to give him time to adapt to us and us to him.

Hopefully he will anooy the media numpties and stand up to their nonsense.

I'll take a Swede over some of the tumshies we have had.