+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Niall Horan

Niall Horan

Just seen on the Derby County YouTube channel, there's two videos, part one and two, interviewing Niall Horan after the Yeovil game. I realise he is a "high profile" Rams supporter and quite dedicated after coming over for many years from Ireland with his father, and I've seen him a few times in the Neptune, but why do we bother doing this? All I notice is comments from loads of young girls, one even commenting "DARBY." Do we really have any gain from this? Are 13 year old girls worldwide going to go to the online DCFC Megastore to buy a Rams shirt with "Horan" on the back? If they aren't I can't really see any benefit of uploading videos of him...

re: Niall Horan

Triz would buy a shirt in person not online I'm guessing

Maybe he could get One Direction to do a show at Pride Park with all proceeds going towards the transfer budget, could probably get a £2 million player out of the money made from that

My daughter started asking me to take her to matches once she found out that Niall was a Rams fan. Despite the dubious nature of her origins as a supporter, she now has a season ticket and is most enthusiastic about the club and the sport. Oh, and she's had replica shirts for her last two birthdays...so I'd say that it is a pretty good marketing ploy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattea
    Triz would buy a shirt in person not online I'm guessing
    **** off ratty...i like bands with a bit more bite and some actual guitars like McFly

If you really can't see the marketing value of having a member of the biggest band in the world as a vocal fan, then your daft.

Quote Originally Posted by woolwhacker
    If you really can't see the marketing value of having a member of the biggest band in the world as a vocal fan, then your daft.
    Nice way for you to introduce yourself on to the board, I can see us getting along very well.

Why would I want to get on with you

Quote Originally Posted by woolwhacker
    Why would I want to get on with you
    I don't remember saying you wanted to?

haha woolwhacker. Another great entrance for a newb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)