+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 99 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I think, as embarrassing as this is, on one level we're probably unlucky in that our players got caught out.

I refuse to believe other clubs' players haven't breached similarly since the boozers re-opened.
    Maybe I'm wrong and just a cynic, but fitba players, collectively and individually, are prone to outbreaks of intense fu-ckwittery.
    It's a perfect storm here, in normal times a disgusting performance against Sevco would have incurred additional opprobrium had the players been seen out in Soul Bar post match.

In the current times, there's really no words.

But there's also a broader, cultural mentality in play here.

I recall a number of years ago, I'd been at an Inverness game and was in the Caley Social Club after the game, they'd have been probably second or third tier at the time.

The players were in also, having a couple of beers.
    None of them were OTT or out of order, but they were all drinking.

I mentioned to one of our company that, talking sports science, immediately post match wasn't a time to be consuming alcohol as it is a diuretic and would inhibit rehydration and recovery.

He replied "Ach, you canna grudge the boys a drink after the game".

That phrase has always stuck in my mind due to the wording "...grudge the boys a drink.....".

It was almost said in a way that implied NOT to drink was a hardship or denial of a right.

Albeit that wasn't that long ago, sports science has moved on a bit and recovery training sessions the day after a match are much more common place.

But in Scottish football there does still seem to be a laissez fair attitude to making the best of your talents.
    Name:  0474.png
Views: 582
Size:  2.1 KB

I see Jonny, Michael, Scott, Matty, Sam, Dylan, Craig and Bruce have tweeted an apology.

Good start to Hayes second spell at the club,needs to get his finger out because he put in as bad a performance as the rest of them on Saturday.

Wonder who said it was Ferguson and Ojo that were 2 of the 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    I see Jonny, Michael, Scott, Matty, Sam, Dylan, Craig and Bruce have tweeted an apology.
    Bless them, using their Christian names.

Mikey Devlin, who is chairman of SPFA too.

I mentioned to one of our company that, talking sports science, immediately post match wasn't a time to be consuming alcohol as it is a diuretic and would inhibit rehydration and recovery.

Of course rehydration would imply they broke sweat.

Someone please tell the Aberdeen players what “socially distancing” means - it doesn’t mean staying away from the rest of the teams in the league table. It appears that there may be a misunderstanding around this rule in the light of recent events!

Sports science is s’hite.

Get them pints drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Sports science is s’hite.

Get them pints drunk.
    Absolutely.

Unless you lose at home to the Huns without registering a shot on goal then an evening in isolation self flagellating and begging forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Someone please tell the Aberdeen players what “socially distancing” means - it doesn’t mean staying away from the rest of the teams in the league table. It appears that there may be a misunderstanding around this rule in the light of recent events!
    Or not finding a team mate with a ball...

Being let down by senior players, aye we all know how that feels over numerous seasons.

Page 99 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast