+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast

Thread: SA consortium

Just noticed this from Pride of Nottingham's Twitter...

"On this day in 1987, Derek Pavis completed his takeover of Notts County from Jack Dunnett,"

Let's hope for a new beginning like that one this week.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It was very close yesterday, by all accounts. Bit cooler today.
    He is on about the weather

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Just noticed this from Pride of Nottingham's Twitter...

"On this day in 1987, Derek Pavis completed his takeover of Notts County from Jack Dunnett,"

Let's hope for a new beginning like that one this week.
    Also on this day in 1991, we beat Brighton 3-1 in the old Second Division play-off final at Wembley. Sad to think that the 3 people I went with that day are all no longer with us.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Also on this day in 1991, we beat Brighton 3-1 in the old Second Division play-off final at Wembley. Sad to think that the 3 people I went with that day are all no longer with us.
    Sad indeed Navy but you will always have that amazing memory of a day spent under the twin towers being part of that great occasion together.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Sad indeed Navy but you will always have that amazing memory of a day spent under the twin towers being part of that great occasion together.
    Sad indeed Swale , my dad was one of them. I remember taking me ode man for a meal (he even had half a bitter with it) not long before he died in the hospitality suite. The players not involved that day were floating around and I swear if the ode bugger had had his autograph book with him. Back to that day, one of the things I remember most is the god awful Brighton kit.
    Last edited by navypie; 02-06-2019 at 04:51 PM.

That Brighton kit has to be the worst to ever grace Wembley. Looked like someone had downed 8 pints of shippos and brought back up on a white shirt.

Great day though. Clive Walker tore us apart early doors....and it could easily have gone either way at that point.

That was the Tesco bag shirt wasn't it?

I also remember walking around the ground and just seeing Brighton fans everywhere. We were totally outnumbered that day.

Seem to remember it being worse than that.....

Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast