+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Eastleigh 17.04.21 [NL]

After 70 mins we've figured out you can actually play the ball in front of attacking players for them to run on to!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    After 70 mins we've figured out you can actually play the ball in front of attacking players for them to run on to!
    Is this a new footballing concept? - what a revelation!!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Looking much better indeed now we are actually getting it forward and putting pressure on the opposition. Makes you wonder why neither Ardley nor Burchnall (so far) haven't been able to work that out...

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I'm not saying that? Ardley's squad are playing very poorly for their new manager.

Also...is it fair to call him a clueless idiot after 3 weeks? He has coached international players at a good standard.

Honestly, i was accused of being negative and unbalanced in my view under Ardley. But some of you have lost your heads.
    It's the frustration talking I'm sure, and that's understandable. We are fans after all.

Of course you're right that IB cannot be judged after three weeks. We can all speculate on whether results would have been the same or better (or worse!) under Ardley, but the fundamental truth is that these players are under-performing relative to the expectations of them, and that's why the previous manager lost his job in the first place.

The risk of making a change is that the disruption can have a negative rather than positive effect in the short-term, which may well be happening, but it's far too early to start drawing conclusions about what IB can (or can't) do for us over the longer term as he starts to bring in different players, which on the basis of today's evidence I'm sure he will be considering!

I do hope Mo Ross stays off Twitter for the next few days.
    I’m guessing it won’t be pretty if he doesn’t!

The only positive I can think of is that Allardyce lost a load of games in his first 15 or 20. Then we went up the year after that.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    I do hope Mo Ross stays off Twitter for the next few days.
    I’m guessing it won’t be pretty if he doesn’t!
    No football professional should be on Twitter, or arguably any social media. Therein madness lies!

First time we've lost three league games in a row since dropping out of the FL.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

There is no excuse for professional footballers being unable to do simple, basic things like pass / move etc - They should be embarrassed to wear the shirt of any professional club - All of them..

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast