+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The World Cup 2022 so far

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    In the bar I'm currently frequenting a local footy fan exclaimed, "Der Schiedsrichter verlor seinen Blindenhund", which I think translates into the referee lost his blind dog.
    He obviously should have given it to Harry Kane, at least it would have shown him where the goalposts were from elfmeters

Did it go out of the ground ? Has it come down yet ?

When we lost to Croatia in a World Cup Semi Final and then Italy in the final of the Euros, having led in both games, people quite correctly questioned Southgate’s management and tactics. This time we were the better team against France. Came back from conceding a goal that stemmed from the failure to award England a free kick. Got back level when Kane despatched a great spot kick and looked set to go and win. The beautifully crafted Giroud goal rocked us back. Substitutions were immediately made and Gareth turned to his old trusted men in Mount and Sterling. As it was we earned a second spot kick from a blatant and unnecessary foul. Kane would normally bury those but this time blazed high. More Gareth tinkering followed but the game was up and there will doubtless be those who went to Qatar and were never ever used-Maddison and Wilson in particular-who will wonder why they did not get a look in. We are coming home and the Cup is not. Whether Gareth stays on is yet to be decided but his questionable loyalty to certain players has been a defining feature of his teams and in three big tournaments he has now perhaps achieved as much as he is able. I will be supporting Morocco for the rest of the tournament. Just hoping Zaroury gets his chance.

I think it was BT who said quite early on, this Morocco team must some team if Zaroury can't get in it. With a bit of luck he usually gets just one thing right a month, that must be it for December.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Morocco were incredible against Spain, they played 120 minutes against one of the world's best teams, parked the bus and never looked like conceding a goal. Sean Dyche would have been proud of them, but can they get away with it again ? I'll be amazed if they can, one mistake, one error of judgement, a dodgy refereeing or VAR decision is all it will take, it never happened in two hours against Spain, it's just too much to expect their luck to last another two hours against Portugal, something will go wrong.
    Nothing went wrong for them again, not knocking them, they know what they're doing and they do it well. No mistakes, no errors of judgement, and most especially no dodgy refereeing or VAR decisions either, not a one that I can recall in well over 200 minutes against Spain
    and Portugal. Contrast that with a whole series of ludicrous decisions that went against England last night. I wonder, is this just co-incidence, just the way it goes, the luck of the game, or are Morrocan footballers a protected species ? FIFA wanted the WC Finals in Africa, they went to extraordinarily corrupt lenths to ensure they took place in Africa, I'm sure FIFA will be delighted that an African team has progressed to the semis, as are we all of course, and they do employ the referees.

Just saying like.

Nothing went wrong for them again, not knocking them, they know what they're doing and they do it well. No mistakes, no errors of judgement, and most especially no dodgy refereeing or VAR decisions either, not a one that I can recall in well over 200 minutes against Spain
    and Portugal. Contrast that with a whole series of ludicrous decisions that went against England last night. I wonder, is this just co-incidence, just the way it goes, the luck of the game, or are Morrocan footballers a protected species ? FIFA wanted the WC Finals in Africa, they went to extraordinarily corrupt lenths to ensure they took place in Africa, I'm sure FIFA will be delighted that an African team has progressed to the semis, as are we all of course, and they do employ the referees.

Just saying like.
    sinkov, surely you aren't inferring that the game is corrupt ---are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    sinkov, surely you aren't inferring that the game is corrupt ---are you?
    Of course it is Sub, assuming that money grubbing and corruption is endemic in football is the only way to make any sense of the whole bizarre pantomime. Once you accept the game is corrupt, suddenly everything becomes clear, everything makes sense.

Of course it is Sub, assuming that money grubbing and corruption is endemic in football is the only way to make any sense of the whole bizarre pantomime. Once you accept the game is corrupt, suddenly everything becomes clear, everything makes sense.
    Sadly, all so true.

I've heard it all now, prize studio muppets Neville and Wright both claiming it was never a penalty. Were they just trying to create some controversy, or were they serious that the most obvious clear cut penalty you'll ever see, was never a penalty at all. I don't take Wrighty too seriously. he's an amiable buffoon, but Neville is supposed to be a serious pundit, not any more for me, the man's an idiot, a clown.

It was re-assuring to hear Peter Walton, Lee Dixon and Ally McCoist all confirming it was a stonewall pen, I was beginning to think my eyesight must be going, or I was hallucinating.

I've heard it all now, prize studio muppets Neville and Wright both claiming it was never a penalty. Were they just trying to create some controversy, or were they serious that the most obvious clear cut penalty you'll ever see, was never a penalty at all. I don't take Wrighty too seriously. he's an amiable buffoon, but Neville is supposed to be a serious pundit, not any more for me, the man's an idiot, a clown.

It was re-assuring to hear Peter Walton, Lee Dixon and Ally McCoist all confirming it was a stonewall pen, I was beginning to think my eyesight must be going, or I was hallucinating.
    Proof, if it were needed, that I definitely have the right idea by watching with the sound turned off. Great songs tonight from James Brown ----I'm all souled out. Oh, I almost forgot ----stonewall penalty and a yellow card.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)