+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fixtures pile up for the 'Well

Fixtures pile up for the 'Well

We'll have 4 midweek fixtures before the split and probably a couple of free Saturdays too! It's a mad, mad world.... - view external link

re: Fixtures pile up for the 'Well

I think in this climate it is a disgrace how this has been arranged by the sfa and spfl and the only consolation for us is that its away games being affected. With the financial climate were in and I no its our fault for losing cup games but to have to play on only 3 weekends out of 7 from beg of February to middle march should never be allowed to happen. The league cup should be played out before xmas instead of playing Scottish cup games in november and their should not be 2 different cups played consecutively over a 2 week period twice within a month. Once again it shows nobody gives a hoot about the fans as people who go every weekend have to miss out 4 times in 7 weeks and that should never happen in the middle of a season

Quote Originally Posted by wellowell
    I think in this climate it is a disgrace how this has been arranged by the sfa and spfl and the only consolation for us is that its away games being affected. With the financial climate were in and I no its our fault for losing cup games but to have to play on only 3 weekends out of 7 from beg of February to middle march should never be allowed to happen. The league cup should be played out before xmas instead of playing Scottish cup games in november and their should not be 2 different cups played consecutively over a 2 week period twice within a month. Once again it shows nobody gives a hoot about the fans as people who go every weekend have to miss out 4 times in 7 weeks and that should never happen in the middle of a season
    No matter what the authorities come up with someone will feel disadvantaged. They could never win this one. If it were changed to the situation you describe we could be washed out in September. We live in a

Mix my gripe is nothing to do with weather its the fact that in the middle of a season we have 4 free weekends in 7 because the spfl and sfa decide to run 2 cup competitions in consecutive weeks within a month of each other so if your fixtures turn up like ours you have 4 weeks in total off.

Mix my gripe is nothing to do with weather its the fact that in the middle of a season we have 4 free weekends in 7 because the spfl and sfa decide to run 2 cup competitions in consecutive weeks within a month of each other so if your fixtures turn up like ours you have 4 weeks in total off.
    But my point is if we split the cups as you suggest that might be fine but that inactivity could still happen if we hit really sh1te weather whilst the cups are being run. There is no ideal situation we could always try to avoid it happening by being anything other than utter p1sh in the cups then we wouldn't be sidelined and its just been our luck that league opponents have been doing well in cups when we are due to play them.

Yes, that's an absolute shambles. It should never been allowed to happen by those who run our game.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)