+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dundee

Dundee

Hopefully a bit more chat about this game than the last one . We will have to play better on Tues than today to get a result . Durnan ( possibly) back and Paton fit gives us a boost . Go get em lads , give em hell !

re: Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    Hopefully a bit more chat about this game than the last one . We will have to play better on Tues than today to get a result . Durnan ( possibly) back and Paton fit gives us a boost . Go get em lads , give em hell !
    Must say I've noticed less chat about games recently, maybe because we're doing better now and the Manager is getting less stick, and I include myself as one of his early season critics.
    Away game against the leaders will be tough, defensively we are looking solid but we wont get as many scoring opportunities as in the last two games so we have to make sure that we take what chances we do get. Close game, score draw.

The players should be fresh after last nights Paul Burns testimonial dinner as the manager had them on a strict no alcohol ban because of Tuesdays game ( if the rumours are true :/

We will have to far more ruthless in front of goal if the chances come along up at Dens Park than we were against the Blue Brazil

A difficult away trip to Dundee coming up, I will gladly take a point from this one. In order to take anything from this match though we will have to be an awful lot more ruthless than we were yesterday.

I would start with Paton and Lyle.
    Russell and McHugh would drop out.
    Would be happy with a point.
    We will have to play a lot better that on Sat to get anything.

Lyle continues to impress in his cameo appearances. His introduction has instantly changed games this season . Watch him when he comes on. He is desperate to get on the ball straight away and his brain , clever flicks and touches set up numerous chances for us. Yes, I am a big fan of Del's will to win and ability BUT unfortunately he is more effective for thirty rather than ninety minutes these days . Would like to be wrong but not on the evidence seen this season and would probably start McHugh instead . Anyway , enough of that . We have a team capable of giving Dundee more than a few problems .

Let's put our situation in perspective. We have now played Dundee four times, losing three and winning one (the very first game of the season): we've played Hamilton four times, losing three times and drawing once: and we've played Falkirk three times, losing twice and winning once. ie We have taken seven points from a possible thirty-three against the teams immediately above us. Not a very impressive record.
    Last night's game never really looked like reversing that trend. Yes, we competed well in a fairly even first half but did not at any time seriously threaten to score - a few long range shots saved very comfortably by Letheren.
    Neither did Dundee make many clear cut chances, except early in the game when Zander made an excellent stop. However, Dundee's pace up front, with Boyle particularly prominent, caused us problems at the back all night. In fact, Gavin Rae excepted, Dundee were a yard faster, in some cases two or three yards faster, all over the pitch. It looked to me very m

It is hard to argue with Cresswell's top 3 stats but the reality is that we have very seldom if ever been seriously outplayed by any of the top 3. The 3-1 away defeat at Hamilton the possible exception.

Last night followed a very familiar pattern. The team was well organised and difficult to beat. We were certainly the better side by some distance in the first half although Dundee got a big lift from their goal.

I agree that despite having countless corners (delivered brilliantly again by Mitchell) and a high number of shots on target there wasn't a sense that a goal was coming.

Players gave everything - I think it is extremely harsh to say that Dundee looked full time and us part time...I think that is making Dundee sound a lot better than they actually were in reality!!The Dundee fans that I spoke to on leaving the ground thought that we were robbed on the night!

While it probably wouldn't have affected the result I was annoyed to see Holt dropped. To win these tough away matche

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)