+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tavern Corona Virus Free Lock-in

Very excited have managed to get a packet of bog rolls. 💩💩💩💩💩

Sad I know what counts as excitement now. 💩
    Last edited by VillaRosie; 31-03-2020 at 11:38 PM.

Ha ha! Oh I know, Rosie! What have we come to?!

A few days ago, I got stupidly excited about a bag of flour!

I guess it's making us all more appreciative of the little things in life and grateful for what we have. I was thinking of our grandparents and great grandparents surviving on rations during the war. It explains my grandmother's resourcefulness and hatred of waste. Hopefully, this experience will be a lesson for us all … We have been so spoilt.

Just thought check in see if everyone is safe and well ? What a bloody nightmare this is eh.. starting to think life as we knew it is over for now eh ?

Been off sick from work with stress n anxiety but already not looking forward to going back in a few weeks ☹️

Laddo is getting bored now n got loads of school work to do so that’s a nightmare being head master to a 12 year old who wants to be on his PS4 all day 😂

Anyway stay safe folks n take care

Hey Dazzy,

Good to see you here again. I'm really sorry you've not been well, my friend - that sounds horrible. You know we are all here for you … even if it is just for a daft distraction

I imagine little J is missing his footy? It did make me smile at the thought of you being his head master - I kind of had an image of you walking round your sitting room wearing a mortar board and gown

I'm safe and well, but two of my friends each lost a parent to coronavirus within a few days of each other- I am absolutely gutted for them.

As you say, life as we knew it seems to be over for a while … as social creatures by nature, it seems so strange to have to do the opposite of what we do naturally. Feeling very humbled by our amazing and brave front line workers, and sad so many have lost their lives, so feel it is a small sacrifice to make by comparison …

You keep safe too, Dazzy, and stay in touch x

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyowen View Post
    Just thought check in see if everyone is safe and well ? What a bloody nightmare this is eh.. starting to think life as we knew it is over for now eh ?

Been off sick from work with stress n anxiety but already not looking forward to going back in a few weeks ☹️

Laddo is getting bored now n got loads of school work to do so that’s a nightmare being head master to a 12 year old who wants to be on his PS4 all day ��

Anyway stay safe folks n take care
    Feel for ya mate. My better half does all the schooling (Uni lecturer, so more qualified than myself), so I don’t have that worry. If it helps, she is at her wits end competing with the Xbox.

Today marks the 49th day for my work and schools closing, 7 blinking weeks! I work in youth justice, mainly Travellers, so ‘Zoom’ contact is pointless. It’s hard enough tracking down the ‘cherubs’ at the best of times. Paperwork takes how long it takes to write/type ‘No Contact’ 23 times.

We ran out of paint and any upcycling jobs and have been on the dry for what seems like forever (a week). Hardware stores are still closed here, but Builders Suppliers are still delivering but with minimal order system going on. So little odd jobs go undone.

It’s my lack of motivation that is getting me down. I can’t even take my Longbow out for a shoot, as all the Butts are closed. I don’t know any Farmers who’ll let me shoot in a field, Football pitches aren’t big or safe enough, and the GAA won’t let me near their grounds. Anyway, I don’t suppose that Archery is essential travel.

So yeah, bored off my head. Just have to remind myself that we are some of the lucky ones during these dreadful times. There must be thousands of families wishing that their lost loved ones could be sitting at home bored.

Chins up fella, hopefully, we’re another day closer to a vaccine.

We're ok here in the Westcountry, bored of working from home to be honest but first world problems and all that. Seems to be a lot more cars out and about lately with plenty using the roads as their own personal racetrack which with so many out on bikes, walking & running is a whole new level of stupid. I really don't see where people need to be in a hurry in the present climate.

Life in chemist shops has thankfully calmed down a lot and the one source of tension here at home is my son's apparent inability to think beyond the Xbox, I've just sent him out on a 15-mile bike route - he's thrilled .

Good to see the planet has had a chance to breathe - keep safe all of you in the VM family.

CBD oil is good Dazzy.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    CBD oil is good Dazzy.
    For 12 year olds 😂

Well still here guys and still working.. hope your all well.

Hey Dazzy. Really good to see you again. I'm good thanks, my friend.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)