+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brexit, has it worked?

Brexit, has it worked?

I voted to LEAVE, but I'm now wondering why I did.

Not exactly been a rip roaring success has it?

If you don't mind an outsider's perspectives, when I viewed this it occurred to me: Britons never, never, never will be slaves.

https://youtu.be/RBMvZRf9Scs

Quote Originally Posted by Robus View Post
    If you don't mind an outsider's perspectives, when I viewed this it occurred to me: Britons never, never, never will be slaves.

https://youtu.be/RBMvZRf9Scs
    We are all slaves to capitalism robus, work, make, earn, spend, and consume and repeat ad nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are all slaves to capitalism robus, work, make, earn, spend, and consume and repeat ad nauseum.
    That's existence. Capitalism is just another way of organizing it.

Imagine how screwed you'd be had you given up Sterling.

I voted to LEAVE, but I'm now wondering why I did.

Not exactly been a rip roaring success has it?
    Give it chance BT , this government ( who you hate ) have had to deal with a pandemic in the middle of us leaving Europe - we’re better out away from them - but it will take some time for us to put the infrastructure in place to take us forward.

As Robus says we’d have been lumbered with a Euro currency as well.

Don’t want all those bureaucrats making decisions for us either.

I voted to leave the EU, but we ain't got Brexit, nothing like it, so in that respect it hasn't worked. Far too many vested interests working against it ever being implemented fully, and when Boris goes there'll be every likelihood we end up back in the EU. Traitor May has got her wish, BRINO.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Give it chance BT , this government ( who you hate ) have had to deal with a pandemic in the middle of us leaving Europe - we’re better out away from them - but it will take some time for us to put the infrastructure in place to take us forward.

As Robus says we’d have been lumbered with a Euro currency as well.

Don’t want all those bureaucrats making decisions for us either.
    If this set of corrupt patsies had not been chucking out contracts for useless PPE stuff that we did not need or was useless, we would be billions in pocket army88.

Like the clearly astute Robus says, if we had conceded the pound sterling I think we would really be up ****'s creek without a paddle.

The thread was opened to gauge opinion and I must admit to playing the Devil's advocate, IMHO we are well shut of the petty Brussels bureaucracy. The EU stance on illegal immigrants (just ship them to Britain), the constant kick in the bollox to British travellers arriving in the EU is petty and vindictive. Their response to a military crisis on their coterminous borders is feeble and jelly backboned (could you expect anything less from the French?)

Germany's response is to chuck a $120 billion on a new fleet of Panzers and Stukas (God help us all!)

Johnson needs to grow a pair and tell the EU to f*uck off and also stop being blackmailed by Biden over the Northern Ireland protocols. It's time for the perfidious Albion to show this island can survive quite well without the EU and all of its aimless bureaucracy.

To end the rant Truss needs to release Julian Assange and put him on a flight back home to Australia and tell the Yanks to do one too.

If this set of corrupt patsies had not been chucking out contracts for useless PPE stuff that we did not need or was useless, we would be billions in pocket army88.

Like the clearly astute Robus says, if we had conceded the pound sterling I think we would really be up ****'s creek without a paddle.

The thread was opened to gauge opinion and I must admit to playing the Devil's advocate, IMHO we are well shut of the petty Brussels bureaucracy. The EU stance on illegal immigrants (just ship them to Britain), the constant kick in the bollox to British travellers arriving in the EU is petty and vindictive. Their response to a military crisis on their coterminous borders is feeble and jelly backboned (could you expect anything less from the French?)

Germany's response is to chuck a $120 billion on a new fleet of Panzers and Stukas (God help us all!)

Johnson needs to grow a pair and tell the EU to f*uck off and also stop being blackmailed by Biden over the Northern Ireland protocols. It's time for the perfidious Albion to show this island can survive quite well without the EU and all of its aimless bureaucracy.

To end the rant Truss needs to release Julian Assange and put him on a flight back home to Australia and tell the Yanks to do one too.
    You know sometimes BT, just sometimes, you can be quite perceptive and sensible. There is hope for you yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You know sometimes BT, just sometimes, you can be quite perceptive and sensible. There is hope for you yet.
    I'm not as daft as you think I am sinkov. All we need to do now is get shut of Starmer and enable a new Labour leader and the jobs a good 'un!

Rumor is that Trump was about to pardon Assange on his way out the door. Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina told him that if Trump pardoned Assange, Graham would vote for impeachment. Trump backed down. Graham is the epitome of the Washington neocon establishment. He never met a foreign war or a weapons contract he didn't love.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)