+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Crewe Alexander Post Match Thoughts

Didn't deserve to win so maybe a point was reasonable. Can't believe we have even gone up a place in the league. The other bit o good news if you can call it that is that Harding had 2 yellows rather than a straight red so only out one game,beyond that, we have a theme at home developing where we cant put teams to bed even crap ones.

We always need more than one goal if not more and what do we do for the last quarter of an hour but sit back and let em come at us.

We must be one of the most frustrating teams to watch. Great one week and shyte the next.

The equaliser was coming and if we had played another 5 mins we would prob have lost that one.

Dunno what the answer is. I wish I knew.

Their goal shouldn’t have made any difference. We should have been out of sight. Can’t blame Harding for ineptness in front of goal.
    Complete waste of two points. I notice Wimbledon lost at Shrewsbury today. I am just not confident at home at all. You just know what’s going to happen. Thoroughly cheesed off. Crewe offered nothing but guess what?

Still up in North Yorkshire so can’t really comment on to days game. We are dropping too many silly points at home I would like us to buy a forward in the January window,enough chances today with a decent forward we would have been out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post

Dunno what the answer is. I wish I knew.
    Don’t worry Gru will be on soon with his expert assessment. He’ll let you know the answer.

All Warney's fault. Name me one player apart from Rathbone any good he's brought in this summer. Ferguson perhaps but can't see him playing regular. Back 3 today were shocking. Edmunds Green he's too casual he plays like it's a friendly game. Wood should have been retired before last championship season. Mattock no idea why he's playing. Bola not got it simple as. Grigg another looks shot to me as a player. Harding should be on right side of defence everyone knows that apart from Warney now he's got him sent off. Sadlier should be playing behind Smith can see goals in him. Got to be in front of Grigg & Ladapo in team selection. Main problem defence that should have been sorted in the summer it wasn't so that's why back 3 that started today look that bad. All Warney boys still on here? Not bothered if we don't do much this season as long as we stay up with a new manager. Been here too long Warney not took us no further forward.

Obviously Woody's fault, and if Lamy was in team we would have won.
    Crewe were v.poor,but we didn't take our chances (again),2 points dropped.

I don't know what games some of you watch .. Rotherham were excellent today the midfield was unplayable at times.. frustrating yes that we don't take our chances . But the way we create chances with ease at times is fantastic.. the speed we move the ball in tight areas of the pitch.. Crewe were made to look like a pub side at times .. it will come good as the team is very talented for this level of football ..judge a side after 10 games . We're 5th after 9 ..

23 shots 1 goal they had around 8 and 1 goal
    Lincoln 29 shots 1 goal, Lincoln had feck all
    Fleetwood we had 16 shots 1 goal they had 6 shots 4 goals

There’s a Warney stat somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    I don't know what games some of you watch .. Rotherham were excellent today the midfield was unplayable at times.. frustrating yes that we don't take our chances . But the way we create chances with ease at times is fantastic.. the speed we move the ball in tight areas of the pitch.. Crewe were made to look like a pub side at times .. it will come good as the team is very talented for this level of football ..judge a side after 10 games . We're 5th after 9 ..
    Agree with all of that. The longer the game went on though I knew they’d score. I bet it was less than 30 seconds after Ladapo put that one over the bat.

Was it a clear penalty? I’m sat at the other end and didn’t see what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    All Warney's fault. Name me one player apart from Rathbone any good he's brought in this summer. Ferguson perhaps but can't see him playing regular. Back 3 today were shocking. Edmunds Green he's too casual he plays like it's a friendly game. Wood should have been retired before last championship season. Mattock no idea why he's playing. Bola not got it simple as. Grigg another looks shot to me as a player. Harding should be on right side of defence everyone knows that apart from Warney now he's got him sent off. Sadlier should be playing behind Smith can see goals in him. Got to be in front of Grigg & Ladapo in team selection. Main problem defence that should have been sorted in the summer it wasn't so that's why back 3 that started today look that bad. All Warney boys still on here? Not bothered if we don't do much this season as long as we stay up with a new manager. Been here too long Warney not took us no further forward.
    I'll keep it simple again. Straight questions for straight answers.

What did Wood do wrong today?
    What did Bola do wrong today?
    What did Mattock do wrong today?

I'll leave the others mentioned for now. Although, fantastic resurrection from Ferguson. From a player who should have retired a couple of weeks back to a good signing now, he has changed your mind.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast