+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Exciting BFC Summer Transfer News Thread.

Exciting BFC Summer Transfer News Thread.

Starting off with:

Barnsley Football Club can confirm that Andrew Dallas has joined Barrow AFC on loan until the end of the 24/25 campaign.

The forward - who scored on his Reds debut in the 7-0 drubbing of Port Vale back in August of 2023 - arrived at Oakwell from Solihull Moors last summer before loan spells with Scottish Premiership outfit Kilmarnock and Oldham Athletic in the National League.

Dallas, 24, will now link up with Stephen Clemence in Cumbria as the Bluebirds look to build on their impressive eighth place finish in Sky Bet League Two.

Sporting Director, Mladen Sormaz said: "We wish Andrew all the best at Barrow. We believe it is key for him to get a lot of minutes under his belt this season, and that Barrow are a good club for him to do that. We'll be keeping a keen eye on his progress, with the club holding the option to recall him in January."

Really appreciate this important and exciting news Poggy.

Thank you

They need to book his national express bus ticket back to Barnsley for the 1st January. We need to be positive!

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    They need to book his national express bus ticket back to Barnsley for the 1st January. We need to be positive!
    Get a better deal with Megga Bus, now that is exciting news !!

A rumour said to be in Lancashire Evening Post that Adam Phillips home town club, Preston NE, have "made an approach" to sign him.

It needs someone like Phillips or Styles or both or more to be sold to unlock some money to allow us to buy.

Our financial rules mean that all transfers have to be fully funded.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 28-06-2024 at 02:08 PM.

Phillips would be a big loss in my opinion. He does have games which passes him by but not a single Barnsley fan can argue with his goal and assist output over these last couple of years.

With us already losing a hefty chunk of first teamers from last season, I wouldn’t want to make it an even harder rebuild job. But I guess finances are the big dictator.

Also, this article with comments from Clarke in the Chronicle:
    https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/ar...ow-who-we-want

No mad panic from me yet. I’ve said before, I would much rather get the right player in compared to getting a quicker signing but one that’s maybe not right.

Although saying that, it would be nice to get a couple of new faces through the door in the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    Phillips would be a big loss in my opinion. He does have games which passes him by but not a single Barnsley fan can argue with his goal and assist output over these last couple of years.

With us already losing a hefty chunk of first teamers from last season, I wouldn’t want to make it an even harder rebuild job. But I guess finances are the big dictator.
    A time for new heroes.

We already have Watters and Shaw ready to take the places vacated by Cole and possibly Phillips.

# Remain Steadfast
    Last edited by SBRed48; 28-06-2024 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A time for new heroes.

We already have Watters and Shaw ready to take the places vacated by Cole and possibly Phillips.

# Remain Steadfast
    I reckon Watters will get his chance this coming season. And as mad as it sounds, if we can get him playing off Cosgrove and give him chances in the box, I think he will score goals. But there’s a lot of goals to replace with Cole. I don’t think Watters has that…

The less said about Shaw!

Fingers crossed we sell Phillips and offload Shaw and Watters.
    Theres players in those 3 - but their input isn’t enough.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast