+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: McKenna

McKenna

The speculation around McKenna Going to Chelsea or Man Utd is crazy. Yes he's done a fantastic job but you could say Leeds and Southampton have more quality than Ipswich but they bottled it. How a Championship Manager can be associated with a top premier league club is laughable. I really rated Potter but he did a great job in the Premier at Brighton before failing at Chelsea. I would still have Potter over Mckenna FFS! The football in the Premier especially in the top six is another level to the Championship and man managing top players is not easy. Look at the rot at Man Utd as an example!

Any top Premier side recruiting Mckenna and failing deserves everything they will get. From Mckenna's view point though he would be magical because signing a long term contract would set him up for life if it were to go wrong - as no doubt it did for Potter.

If I was Man U - I would go for Potter if of course they decide to twist. Some say they shouldn't because they won the cup. Sir Jim is powerful for a reason - he won't look at one match but no doubt will look at the absolute awful signings, man management and the fact Man U have been consistently s hite! You have to be ruthless in a top position.

United would be better going for Eddie Howe.

The bloke did a great job with a tiny club and has proved himself to be able to deal with higher profile players and some difficult moments at Newcastle and he plays attractive football.

He’s a far more qualified manager than Potter albeit I personally do like Potter, I just think he needs to do another good job at a club like ours or similar.

Thomas Franck deserves a mention, the guy is a superb manager in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

The bloke did a great job with a tiny club and has proved himself to be able to deal with higher profile players and some difficult moments at Newcastle and he plays attractive football.

He’s a far more qualified manager than Potter albeit I personally do like Potter, I just think he needs to do another good job at a club like ours or similar.

Howe would certainly be on my list in the event of a CC exit…but let’s not go there!

Howe not done anything really at Newcastle this season and know quite a few of their fans who don’t rate him. As much as I hate Vile - their manager is proven and a top coach!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Howe not done anything really at Newcastle this season and know quite a few of their fans who don’t rate him. As much as I hate Vile - their manager is proven and a top coach!
    Yep….they looked well coached as the Greeks smashed them and Palace retired at 5-0.

Yep….they looked well coached as the Greeks smashed them and Palace retired at 5-0.

As much as I loathe them getting into the Champions League was a massive achievement over a second rate European cup. Ask Man U if they would swop?

English coaches for me are too predictable!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)