+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Analysis: Quarter Season Review with IB

Analysis: Quarter Season Review with IB

Wonder why there were no video clips and analysis of our capitulations? He talks sense though and I like his thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Wonder why there were no video clips and analysis of our capitulations? He talks sense though and I like his thought process.
    I think they touched on it, a snippet from the Halifax game was shown and Burchnall commented on giving Halifax momentum.

He does talk sense, his football intelligence is very high.

Some of the goals we’ve scored are really high quality. I understand the way we play is not to everyone’s liking. I can see us only getting better.

I enjoyed that. I do like IB and really hope we go up with him.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    I think they touched on it, a snippet from the Halifax game was shown and Burchnall commented on giving Halifax momentum.

He does talk sense, his football intelligence is very high.

Some of the goals we’ve scored are really high quality. I understand the way we play is not to everyone’s liking. I can see us only getting better.
    Agree with all that, but he was complicit in what happened at Halifax - he took Ruben off unnecessarily (when Nemane was screaming out to be subbed instead) and being seated kind of behind the bench it seemed that NOBODY, either on the bench or on the pitch, was insisting that we kept playing - everyone seemed to be just wishing the game away. Hopefully there was an important lesson for IB in there as well

Damn, don't get me started on that Halifax game - that'll be a sore spot for Notts fans for years
    Yeah, right behind IB, he could be great for Notts with the right backing

There will be no surprise I enjoyed that one!

Really enjoyable watch and demonstrates exactly what IB is all about. He’s clearly a very talented coach. It’s great to share this with all the fans but this is now on YouTube and I can’t help wondering if we’re feeding too much info to our opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Agree with all that, but he was complicit in what happened at Halifax - he took Ruben off unnecessarily (when Nemane was screaming out to be subbed instead) and being seated kind of behind the bench it seemed that NOBODY, either on the bench or on the pitch, was insisting that we kept playing - everyone seemed to be just wishing the game away. Hopefully there was an important lesson for IB in there as well

Damn, don't get me started on that Halifax game - that'll be a sore spot for Notts fans for years
    Yeah, right behind IB, he could be great for Notts with the right backing
    Good point. I definitely think IB will have looked at his own performance and learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    Really enjoyable watch and demonstrates exactly what IB is all about. He’s clearly a very talented coach. It’s great to share this with all the fans but this is now on YouTube and I can’t help wondering if we’re feeding too much info to our opponents.
    I think everything on the video is either fairly general or fairly obvious (like not cutting inside when there’s a clear route to goal straight ahead). A manager who keeps players back knows that his team has to be patient too, while Notts are patiently keeping possession and probing for an opportunity to go forward. A manager who uses the forward press knows his team is vulnerable to a good pass out by Notts. What they will see from the clips, if they find this video, should be quite scary - when we get it right, we’re pretty good for the NL.

I thought this was a nice touch from the club, to give the fans a deeper understanding of what IB is trying to achieve on the pitch.

The questions that came to my mind were whether the players we have at this level would be good enough to implement this approach. But it seems that the team have taken on board large parts of these patterns of play that IB is aiming for. Now the weaknesses, and areas lacking that have been exposed can be worked on more deeply.

Proof is in the pudding though

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast