+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wigan

Wigan

Go into Administration.
    12 point deduction looming.
    Looking for 'saviour' to save the Club!!
    Whelan willing to help how he can!

Who's next??

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Go into Administration.
    12 point deduction looming.
    Looking for 'saviour' to save the Club!!
    Whelan willing to help how he can!

Who's next??
    Macclesfield Town I suspect.

Wigan has always been much more of a Rugby League town. Sad though, they achieved big things.

Bury, Bolton, Wigan and Oldham all struggling, all within a twenty five mile radius of each other and all over shadowed by City, United, Everton and Liverpool. Makes you realise how well Burnley have done, not just to survive but to thrive.

will they complete their fixtures? They have played well since the break and looked to be clear of relegation; now only 4 points from safety after deduction with decent goal difference. Bet the Preston fans are happier with this news than the match currently on

When I heard the news I immediately thought "is this a gamble? They know they are in good form and will only be 4 points from safety and feel they can avoid the drop".

Players included in the decision making?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    When I heard the news I immediately thought "is this a gamble? They know they are in good form and will only be 4 points from safety and feel they can avoid the drop".

Players included in the decision making?
    I was thinking the same thing, on current form, they should stay up, even with the 12 point penalty.

It would be like Derby losing the next 2 games and then admitting financial irregularities.

Birmingham accepted a 9 point 'punishment' last season when they realised that it was unlikely that they would get relegated or lose promotion because of it.

Extraordinary story going roung that links administration to a huge bet in Philippines that Wigan would go down.

Since they are playing too well since restart of season the administration is being contrived to ensure a 12 point deduction puts them back into the battle.

The new Wigan investment funds due but not received were also from far Eastern sources.

May be *******s but its intriguing *******s

If you're a conspiracy theorist, it all makes sense. Wigan wouldn't have cost much upfront so long as the investor promised to meet its future running costs. So if the bet would yield more than the initial outlay, and not meeting running costs costs nothing, and loses 12 points to help win the bet.... the plans a good un

And as for the club, someone will buy them out of administration maybe, but in reality,, does the gambler care?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    If you're a conspiracy theorist, it all makes sense. Wigan wouldn't have cost much upfront so long as the investor promised to meet its future running costs. So if the bet would yield more than the initial outlay, and not meeting running costs costs nothing, and loses 12 points to help win the bet.... the plans a good un

And as for the club, someone will buy them out of administration maybe, but in reality,, does the gambler care?
    An interesting conspiracy theory, but I suspect the answer lies closer to a gamble on being able to avoid the drop with a opts deduction and administration wipes out the current debt allowing the new owners to start in a better position next season.

True but not half as much fun

The Wigan fans are starting a petition against it, claiming it's the EFL's fault?
    They let the owners take charge, so therefore they shouldn't be deducted points?

Weird if you ask me. That's like getting a mortgage, passing the back ground checks, then welching on payments.
    What do you mean you're repossessing my house? lol

If they think they've got bad owners, they need to fins a Blackpool fan for a chat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)