+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Think tonight, decisions made

Think tonight, decisions made

Poor result, how in the space of 4 days, can the same group of players, perform slow poorly, after the Saints game.
    But if there is a positive to take, think the list for retain / potential and the P45s, has just about been sorted.

Casilla / Cooper / Costa - borderline

Allioski, Hernandez, Roberts - plus Berardi ,Forshaw - cheerio

Shack, plus another 2-3 under 23s need season long loans at Champ sides.

Sadly, some harsh / heartfelt decisions have to be made, not so much on transfers, but improving the wage bill for incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Poor result, how in the space of 4 days, can the same group of players, perform slow poorly, after the Saints game.
    But if there is a positive to take, think the list for retain / potential and the P45s, has just about been sorted.

Sadly, some harsh / heartfelt decisions have to be made, not so much on transfers, but improving the wage bill for incoming.
    How you can bracket Alioski in the "disposals" and yet elect to keep Casilla and Costa is beyond me. Don't understand just what he hasn't done, apart from be another Messi, to warrant retention. I don't imagine anyone at the club reads these posts but if he did it wouldn't surprise me if he said f00k it and (whether the club wanted to keep him or not), that he went in the summer, and our squad would be the poorer for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    How you can bracket Alioski in the "disposals" and yet elect to keep Casilla and Costa is beyond me. Don't understand just what he hasn't done, apart from be another Messi, to warrant retention. I don't imagine anyone at the club reads these posts but if he did it wouldn't surprise me if he said f00k it and (whether the club wanted to keep him or not), that he went in the summer, and our squad would be the poorer for it.
    His of to turkey anyway but retaining Lassila costa unreal,

Mental.

Think everyone of those listed is expendable and should be replaced.

Alioski, not good enough at left back or left wing, simply trying hard and running lots is not enough to keep him long term.

Costa, a player we signed for £15-18 million if reports are to be believed. Unless we recoup a good percentage of that £10 million plus, I don't think he should be discarded after 1 season in the prem. I would hope he would hit some kind of form to nudge his value up and then get rid. Very frustrating player, has the pace & talent but is not really aggressive or brave enough at this level, needs to get stuck in more and be more physical imo.

Roberts not sure what his role is, hasn't convinced as a striker, though very few opportunities and not good enough as a 10.

Cooper is a tough call, does get caught out of position, makes poor challenges or decisions at times and gets bullied. However it is his first season in prem and he has improved year upon year but we now have at least 2 better CB's in the squad and Struijk is improving rapidly.

I would say if we want to jeep progressing we have to be ruthless with the squad and we can't afford to be sentimental.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    Think everyone of those listed is expendable and should be replaced.

Alioski, not good enough at left back or left wing, simply trying hard and running lots is not enough to keep him long term.

Costa, a player we signed for £15-18 million if reports are to be believed. Unless we recoup a good percentage of that £10 million plus, I don't think he should be discarded after 1 season in the prem. I would hope he would hit some kind of form to nudge his value up and then get rid. Very frustrating player, has the pace & talent but is not really aggressive or brave enough at this level, needs to get stuck in more and be more physical imo.

Roberts not sure what his role is, hasn't convinced as a striker, though very few opportunities and not good enough as a 10.

Cooper is a tough call, does get caught out of position, makes poor challenges or decisions at times and gets bullied. However it is his first season in prem and he has improved year upon year but we now have at least 2 better CB's in the squad and Struijk is improving rapidly.

I would say if we want to jeep progressing we have to be ruthless with the squad and we can't afford to be sentimental.
    I think the club will evolve with one eye on retaining values and not just die what City and Chelsea do.

Hard to make any decisions based on yesterday’s game with Phillips out, Koch still injured and a horror of a pitch.

Don’t suspect Cooper is going anywhere anytime soon as he brings calm leadership.

If we sign 4 or 5 players over the summer and 2 or 3 go then that is still a lean squad.

Roberts is still young enough to kick in and Bielsa sees something in him and he seems to be a fairly good judge.

Will be interesting to see who if any of those out on loan will cut it too.

Don’t think Casilla will go for two reasons. A Bielsa rates him and he is on decent money.

Of the others think Douglas, Alioski and Hernandez will be gone and who knows with the rest.

We know this squad can play good football when at full strength and can survive in the prem so it can only get better no matter who leaves if they continue to invest.

Roberts out on loan next season for me, guy needs a full season to see if he has the talent because from what I'm seeing he doesn't at the moment.

Costa will still be here.

Pablo can't leave, he keeps getting thrown on into difficult situations having to force passes and chase a winner. Want to see him start the next game, even when he came on briefly we saw he is a class above Roberts.

Alioski, great worker and love him at the club but think his time is done mostly so that he can go and play regularly somewhere else.

Please can we sign a recognised left back instead of fill ins.

agree Joel, how can Roberts and Costa get anywhere near the pitch when Pablo cant get a game? he will be a better player than Roberts when hes 70.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    agree Joel, how can Roberts and Costa get anywhere near the pitch when Pablo cant get a game? he will be a better player than Roberts when hes 70.
    Whilst Hernandez is class, I think he will move on at the end of the season to his own club Castellon.

If he was regularly playing 90 mins or even being used as a real impact sub, eg getting 30 mins from the bench I think he would stay but as known of that is happening I don't think he will be at Leeds next season, one way or the other.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)