+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carlos deal

Carlos deal

Latest is we are pulling out,their first price was £30 million but they keep putting the price up.

Waste of a a couple of weeks of the window sadly, the player wants to come we offered a fair price but it seems Sevilla did similar to Chelsea when they were trying to sign Kounde in the summer. Move on and get Milenkovic and Cisse in at the back instead.

That should be better for us in the long term, our new owners won’t be taken for mugs.

Actually, this could really blow up in their faces, they’ll have an unhappy player on their hands with a diminishing transfer value. They’ll probably not get anywhere near the original price now whether it be this window, the summer or whichever window he eventually moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    Actually, this could really blow up in their faces, they’ll have an unhappy player on their hands with a diminishing transfer value. They’ll probably not get anywhere near the original price now whether it be this window, the summer or whichever window he eventually moves on.
    Hope so, sick of the whole affair now, he’s not the only centreback out there. I remember Keegan trying to sign Phil Babb, but he went to Liverpool instead, we got the magnificent Philippe Albert who was light years better than Phil Babb! I would settle for the same outcome this time!

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Latest is we are pulling out,their first price was £30 million but they keep putting the price up.
    Good!

Good for us. You've got to draw the line somewhere no matter who the player is. There's a difference between paying over the odds for a player and having a club take the piss completely; so, if we're accepting that we'll have to do the first but won't allow the second then I think that's a good place to be.

Remains to be seen which of the two the Chris Wood deal is ..

Nice. Being pisssed about here I think.

Not only would I pull out of this deal but would make it clear their behavior has jeopardised any future business.

No class.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Good for us. You've got to draw the line somewhere no matter who the player is. There's a difference between paying over the odds for a player and having a club take the piss completely; so, if we're accepting that we'll have to do the first but won't allow the second then I think that's a good place to be.

Remains to be seen which of the two the Chris Wood deal is ..
    It will also be a pointer for other clubs who are licking their lips and thinking we are an easy touch. They may think twice rather than string us along, lose a sale, and as in the Carlos, situation have a disgruntled player on the books which eventually they won't sell at our previous price.

I've heard Eddie's nephew is on his way to Spain now to sort the fu(kers out. He's handed in a transfer request and now he's rejected a new contract offer because he wants to move. They will crumble.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)