+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Queens 2 Annan 3

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    The BOD have and still do invest money in Queens…. A lot more than you ever will
    So how much do we owe them out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    No one would disagree that new investment and fresh blood would be desirable but where is this coming from as there certainly isn't a queue forming at the boardroom door.
    There has been names touted about but purely rumour based.
    I'm sure if the chairman stepped down someone would be willing to take up the roll.
    We've always got by when chairmen have stepped down in the past.

Anything has to be better than stagnating which we are currently doing. We are just stuck in a rut as a club.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    I'm sure if the chairman stepped down someone would be willing to take up the roll.

Anything has to be better than stagnating which we are currently doing. We are just stuck in a rut as a club.

deek the happy clapper crew are quite happy with our current predicament ,thay see us avoiding relegation as a good thing thay will even accept mid table league 1 mate with garbage crowds of 500 or so then blame the dumfries public for not coming to pay to watch as there reason why queens arent able to move upwards ,when its only common sense knowing that queens will only attract floating fans if thay first show its worth there attendance ,it costs too much to watch football nowadays so people expect top dollar on the park for there entrance fees ,the sensible people amongst us know that you need success on the pitch first to start attracting fans , the current queens board obviously dont know this or havnt got the clout to deliver id suspect the latter .

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post

Not sure Deek if you have ever attended an AGM but it is clear to anyone that does attend that Hewitson would step down in a heartbeat if an appropriate candidate came forward to take over the reigns and that's a consequence of the hassle of running the club coupled with the no stop abuse he receives. To date there have been no takers.
    As I was renewing my season ticket I found out that there are around 600 so this may be the happy clappers derogatory term that Francis constantly uses. Well without these loyal fans, and that's the correct term, the club would have gone under years ago and would no longer be in existence unlike those who constantly deride the efforts of the club which considering the current finances isn't doing badly irrespective of the ignorant minority. Yes WE would all like to see the club being more successful but without a serious injection of income it will remain a dream until the clubs financial health significantly improves whether that is through the appointment a new chairman or not.
    No doubt this will attract another unintelligible tirade from the number one detractor but ignorance is bliss eh?

All three scorers for Annan Athletic on Saturday were Dumfries born lads.

Iain Anderson ( life long Qos fan )

Aidan Smith ( former player ) & Dylan Cairnie

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Not sure Deek if you have ever attended an AGM but it is clear to anyone that does attend that Hewitson would step down in a heartbeat if an appropriate candidate came forward to take over the reigns and that's a consequence of the hassle of running the club coupled with the no stop abuse he receives. To date there have been no takers.
    As I was renewing my season ticket I found out that there are around 600 so this may be the happy clappers derogatory term that Francis constantly uses. Well without these loyal fans, and that's the correct term, the club would have gone under years ago and would no longer be in existence unlike those who constantly deride the efforts of the club which considering the current finances isn't doing badly irrespective of the ignorant minority. Yes WE would all like to see the club being more successful but without a serious injection of income it will remain a dream until the clubs financial health significantly improves whether that is through the appointment a new chairman or not.
    No doubt this will attract another unintelligible tirade from the number one detractor but ignorance is bliss eh?
    600 Spike that's the first time in supporting Queens for decades that I have heard of the club giving out a figure of season ticket holders - also does this include the 150 or so that are given to the annual shirt draw participants ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    600 Spike that's the first time in supporting Queens for decades that I have heard of the club giving out a figure of season ticket holders - also does this include the 150 or so that are given to the annual shirt draw participants ?
    It will include the 160 or so shirt draw participants and the summer soccer camps.
    They are all paying season ticket holders.
    Decent amount that with the league campaign still 4 weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    It will include the 160 or so shirt draw participants and the summer soccer camps.
    They are all paying season ticket holders.
    Decent amount that with the league campaign still 4 weeks away.
    Yes I would assume so as the question was asked when a season ticket holder was renewing and asked about the chances regarding the ballot for the 500 places currently available. As you say with four weeks until the season starts this is an admirable amount.

Free season tickets for under 16’s is great from Queens.

Unfortunately not too familiar with the current situation in Dumfries with COVID but has the capacity increased from 500 yet? I don't think it has. If we do have 600 season tickets and tickets for Queens Park are now on general sale that is slightly concerning for the lack of uptake.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)