+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Next round of the haribo cup is against Brentford

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Next round of the haribo cup is against Brentford
    Brentford will be very motivated for that one Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    You’re toxic. You don’t support West Brom, you attack, berate, criticise use foul language and when a player scores a great goal try to find a stat to have a go at him! You need therapy! Then you have the audacity to have a go at the positive supporters as if for some reason you are privileged in some way. You should be deeply ashamed but instead no doubt you are already thinking of a toxic reply!
    Why can’t you just accept that others have a different opinion to yourself? It is all about opinions. You really don’t need to get personal or rant at people who beg to differ.

I understand you like to take the positive which is fine but you also need to accept that others take the view that we are very deficient in quality.

The transfer window is still wide open so we’ll all be wiser at the end of the season. I guess then we’ll see who is right or who is wrong.

Seems to be a few on here with the ‘woke’ mentality who simply cannot accept others have a different view to themselves so hey, let’s call them out and pile in eh?

I'm pretty much outa here as well. I have different opinions on many things Albion (Johnstone, Phillips, Dowling to name 3 ) that I don't post because I know rather than create a considered debate all I will get back is dog's abuse and I do mean abuse, so I don't bother so what's the point. Shame as an exiled Baggie I crave anything Albion related but I consider I have to trawl thro' so much dross on here to find the occasional nugget that it is no longer worth a regular look.

Next time on want advice on where to go on hols or a good TV watch I'll have a butcher's but not much more.

I wish it was truly Baggies Banter but for me it's more Mad at Albion than Albion Mad.

Looking at other results and performances, Everton v Salford as an example we have to put this game in perspective, performance wasn’t great I agree but the job got done, we need games outside of the premier league to give game time to the new guys etc, I thought Button and Kipre did well, hopefully adding a mobile pacy striker and box to box midfielder before the deadline will balance the team and give us some hope...

'Watched' the match on the radio and from what I heard it was a wise decision. Even Andy Johnson struggled to raise much in the way of enthusiam for the game. Reading through match threads (which I rarely post on as I'm usually at the game) I often see things differently to others though, so who knows? I'd rather have been there in person either way but sadly it was not to be.

Still, a win is still a win and we're through to the next round now and we get to face the team who 'really deserved' promotion.... apparently. I don't buy into that theory myself though as we accumulated more points over the course of the season, so fk Brentford. Regardless of performance I'm hopeful of hearing us give Frank's boys a fisting with another trio of rockets up the ricker.

Onwards and upwards, COYB .

Sam Field: Firstly I have to admit that I did not see the foul that led to his booking. However I did see the rest of the game. I have seen some uncomplimentary remarks made about his performance. Personally I don’t think that he played that badly. Speaking generally I think he is a decent player who could come good. I know many will not agree with my views and fair enough. But I think we are all entitled to hold and speak our opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    Sam Field: Firstly I have to admit that I did not see the foul that led to his booking. However I did see the rest of the game. I have seen some uncomplimentary remarks made about his performance. Personally I don’t think that he played that badly. Speaking generally I think he is a decent player who could come good. I know many will not agree with my views and fair enough. But I think we are all entitled to hold and speak our opinions
    Sam's a good player. I'm hoping Bilic's post match comments give him the confidence he needs to prove his full worth. Well, that and the game time of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I'm pretty much outa here as well. I have different opinions on many things Albion (Johnstone, Phillips, Dowling to name 3 ) that I don't post because I know rather than create a considered debate all I will get back is dog's abuse and I do mean abuse, so I don't bother so what's the point. Shame as an exiled Baggie I crave anything Albion related but I consider I have to trawl thro' so much dross on here to find the occasional nugget that it is no longer worth a regular look.

Next time on want advice on where to go on hols or a good TV watch I'll have a butcher's but not much more.

I wish it was truly Baggies Banter but for me it's more Mad at Albion than Albion Mad.

You should not feel that way. The points made was many ( as in many ) feel that Lai is ruining our club and we will get relegated unless we get a decent striker in soon - the three strikers we have are dross and why are we still penny pinching over Krov? That's my opinion and it seems judging by many posters others feel the same.

Nobody loves the club more than me ( i go to almost every game ) which included the pre-season friendlies a while back in the USA so if I want to vent my feelings - I can and will. In my opinion last night Button looked far superior than Johnstone and will get the number 1 jersey so positive there. If somewhere does not agree that's their choice!

If someone thinks Kanu is a top striker and Sawyers top notch that's again their view Take the one poster last night who got personal with Mick about being negative but admitted he had not seen the match and just walked in. My God - did this chap see the match through an optical illusion to have a go at another poster? What a clown he made himself look.

Take Prando excellent poster and he won't respond on a post if he does not agree or does not want to post on a thread - great! There are other posters who debate but you don't necessarily agree with each other - take Regis who I disagreed with once but now have good debates with him too. 123 knows his football stuff and you can have debates with him, although his political views differ from many other peoples but hey - that politics and strong views can differ in the same house. Interestingly enough Boingy got upset over some of 123's political views but then slams anybody who says anything critical over Kanu - is the word not hypocritical!

Seeing Button now - with a decent striker, Gallagher and Krov - I will be positive so is that too much to ask for the club I love. To see the three donkeys up front ( two were poor last night ) and still NO Krov, and NO investment - what should I have to be positive about!

Blood and Mick are two great posters and part of the reason why I come on the board. Spending an absolute fortune on the club - I don't expect posters who sit in armchairs to slam other posters because they think Kanu is Messi. If they don't like the threads then take a leaf out of Prando's book or start a thread less contentious ie Button who was excellent last night!

I dislike Amazon for personal reasons but should I slam everybody who shops with them and licks Jeff's backside? I think not! The whole point of a football forum is to vent your views and debate. If you don't agree with a thread then don't respond!

Take 123 - he was never going to win on his political views so perhaps why debate against the majority although that's the posters choice - he does know his football though and that's where you can debate. I don't particularly like Cornwall as bad experiences there but many posters love it so I know it's pointless to say anything negative!
    Last edited by baggieal; 17-09-2020 at 12:32 PM.

With regards Sam Field, last season his stats were higher than both Livermore and Sayers pre nasty knee injury. It's going to take a run of games ,to get both his confidence and match fitness back. We saw the same with Filip last season, you could the ist half of the season he seemed to be protecting his knee.
    After i broke both of my legs, the hard part is the mental side of it once you recover.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)