+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Eastleigh 17.04.21 [NL]

IB has to be delusional if he finds that to be an acceptable performance... it was terrible from minute 1, almost every single cross straight to their keeper, Wootton needs to be benched as he is simply no use to us at the moment, Tuner needs to just go away and take Griffiths with him... I cant find 1 single positive from that today... every single team around us seem to be able to turn games around even if they are not at their best... but we simply have no other gears except 1st... season is rapidly getting away from us now plus our run in is terrible, not 1 team i expect us to even match let alone beat... dark dark times indeed

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Right:

Summary: We can't defend, we can't attack and we can't score goals.
    The team has the same "I don't care" attitude that took us out the league.

Burchnall interview up on BBC sounds now....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09dzdsg

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Burchnall interview up on BBC sounds now....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09dzdsg
    I am really starting to dislike this guy now... what the hell did he just watch???

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    but we simply have no other gears except 1st...
    We do have another gear ......... unfortunately it's called 'reverse'.

I was surprised as anyone to see Ardley go. I was never a staunch 'Ardley Out' brigade member, although a couple of his results made me write 'Ardley Out' on the thread once. Aside from that one moment, I always gave Ardley time and understood that for this league, he was fairly decent manager and I hoped for him to see it through till the end of this season.

I understand that the owners have to plan for next season...but surely bringing IB in at such a critical time is just throwing away the good work NA had done?

I'm still going to back the Owners and IB until I feel that he's had enough time to implement everything (maybe after 10 games next season) as I feel that's only fair and that Ardley was allowed the same grace...and more.

As I said when IB arrived.. there isn't going to be enough time on the training pitch to make this change work quickly. I said it early onx and so far, unfortunately my biggest fears surrounding the appointment have been realised.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    What happened there Stan? You stopped writing after half the sentence..... You missed
    a) For a long time
    b) Since he's been here
    😂 Sorry WP - a & b. I just thought it went without saying!

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    Awful post match interview, still thinks we were better team, its Eastleigh ffs. Slating players that were dropped.

Already dont like him
    IB talked a lot about players exhibiting bravery on the park when he took the job, but I’m not seeing much from him. Today’s formation was timid against a poor side, and we just never have enough players in the penalty area when we do actually venture over the halfway line.

These players just aren’t good enough to play out from the back - the defenders don’t move the ball quickly enough, midfield are lightweight and the forwards can’t hold onto the ball. How often is a player moving forwards when he receives the ball? Very rarely; we’re more likely to resemble a bunch of mannequins in black and white.

IB needs to print the league table out for the players this week and challenge them to prove that they are better than all of these pathetic performances suggest.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast