+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you know

Do you know

How statistically difficult it is for a club like RUFC - actually it's pretty difficult for bigger clubs - to get into the Championship. Let's just say that if we didn't achieve it again in the next twenty years that would be par for the course given the number of times we have been promoted to it recently. Historically it's almost unprecedented.
    Now, if you examine the maths on a site like FinkTank you will also see that given all the financial considerations of league payments, TV money, sponsorship etc it is much much easier for a club like RUFC to STAY in the Championship than get PROMOTED to it.
    This is why I don't like Tony Stewart's stewardship of our club. No chairman in RUFC history - actually perhaps in league history - has had more opportunities to finance a stay in the Championship and failed to invest every time. Not good enough for me.

Staying in the Championship will always be regarded as an achievement for “little old Rovrum”

But so what if we do stay there? What’s the next yardstick of improvement?

For me improvement would to be a club that can hang onto players like Vaulks, Moore, Tavernier, Ajayi etc instead if us knowing that we will have to sell them and depend on replacements that aren’t as good

I didn't realise that we sold Tavernier

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    How statistically difficult it is for a club like RUFC - actually it's pretty difficult for bigger clubs - to get into the Championship. Let's just say that if we didn't achieve it again in the next twenty years that would be par for the course given the number of times we have been promoted to it recently. Historically it's almost unprecedented.
    Now, if you examine the maths on a site like FinkTank you will also see that given all the financial considerations of league payments, TV money, sponsorship etc it is much much easier for a club like RUFC to STAY in the Championship than get PROMOTED to it.
    This is why I don't like Tony Stewart's stewardship of our club. No chairman in RUFC history - actually perhaps in league history - has had more opportunities to finance a stay in the Championship and failed to invest every time. Not good enough for me.
    Is be interested in the working out of the maths in order to come to that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Is be interested in the working out of the maths in order to come to that conclusion?
    Isn't it obvious? We have to be within the top 3 in league 1 through either the league or playoffs (so we beat 21 other teams) whereas we only need to be above 3 in the championship....

So comparable and makes total sense.

Give me strength.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Did you know you are a tit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Did you know you are a tit ?
    😂😂

It would be good if you could send some detail of how Mr Fink reached these conclusions and why it always appears that the bigger clubs seem to generally pay higher wages, as well as having bigger and better infrastructure to say nothing of status, that helps them attract the calibre of players that generally don't come to us, and yet still reaches the conclusion (of he indeed does) that you convey here.

And clearly you think Stewart should invest more of his own money in our club than he has already. To reach this conclusion I assume you know how much of his own money he has already invested in our club and then have a solid idea of how much more of his own money you would like him to invest in our club. What amount of his own money would you like him to invest?

And I'd also be interested to know what your plan would be if for example Stewart listened to you, invested what you want, and then through circumstances that are always open to chance, injuries to key signings, them lacking form /ability (Paul Blades springs to mind as well as some recent big wage investments that I think have understandably stung Stewart), not gelling etc and then a subsequent relegation, what would you do when the financial hit of that relegation bites back? We're you there in the wilderness years?
    I really wouldnt have bothered raging, he's a wind up merchant who cant give you any proof or confirmation of what hes saying ffs, and I thought you would have known better UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I really wouldnt have bothered raging, he's a wind up merchant who cant give you any proof or confirmation of what hes saying ffs, and I thought you would have known better UTM
    Too much sun and trappist beer on my part Ronners. You're right.

Too much sun and trappist beer on my part Ronners. You're right.
    Not too bothered about the sun, but the trappist beer sounds great 😀🍺 UTM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast