+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    I'm calling for his head, he's a cretin.

Left the top scorer in Scotland on the bench to play McNulty/Pawlett/Niskannen.

We were pedestrian from the first whistle but all I saw from our manager was him making signs to calm it down.

Brought out the same team for the start of the second half.

It's becoming clear that our early season form was due mainly to great defending and a great deal of luck.

I'll not be back to watch that p1sh.
    Couldn’t agree more!!
    When I learnt McNoscore was ahead of Watt, I genuinely was deflated!!
    To then see Neilson at RB instead of Freeman (along with above), FFS, that’s a sackable offence!! Courts GTF!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Sorry, nonsense talk imo

Would be a stupid decision, one I hope the club only make as a last resort in the unlikely event we look like going down later in season (not going to happen z we will bounce back and be nowhere near relegation)

Plenty on here said they would take 10th, predicted we'd barely have a win by Christmas, can't all say that then call for his head when sitting 7th within touching distance of top six
    I like your confidence, what i am seeing is eye bleeding football, 17 goals scored and today was goal scored own goal, 5 points out 33 and it will all be fine, i want what your taking, all the best on that idea.

Just heard him on Sportscene saying, "There was lots of chemistry all over the pitch tonight."

Send him back to Insights with the rest of the woo woo people.

As someone mentioned the transition is too slow, we must be the least direct team in the league, in part because we have no pace or strength up top, or ball carriers from midfield, we might have them in central areas but not on show tonight, which makes us so easy to play against, our slow build up just lets teams get behind the ball and leave no space.

Contrast to st mirren whenever st mirren won the ball and drove at our goal.

This whole give him is jotters stuff is so short sighted, we have a long term plan here, you don't just rip it up and panic after a poor run

Tommy Wright when he was popular had numerous poor runs like this in his 8/9 years in Perth

This is half way through season one under TC, all short term thinking talking like that, it's not good for the club to go that route, we don't want short term fixes, we want to build to sustain something long term, only relegation should see a job loss imo
    OK but do you agree that 0 points from 18 is a ****ing disgrace though?

Sorry, nonsense talk imo

Would be a stupid decision, one I hope the club only make as a last resort in the unlikely event we look like going down later in season (not going to happen z we will bounce back and be nowhere near relegation)

Plenty on here said they would take 10th, predicted we'd barely have a win by Christmas, can't all say that then call for his head when sitting 7th within touching distance of top six
    Nonsense talk? F uck me shedka take aff the tangerine tinted specs and look at our form ffs

There’s nothing changing, we’re not getting any better, we’re not scoring goals and now we’re conceding more goals

All the decisions, tactics, team selections fall Al one man’s door and he needs to be held accountable, f uck me we can’t even leave anyone up at corners ffs

It’s negative as f uck. Fat Tony was quick enough to slag off Mellons style of play so I hope to f uck he’s watching the same sh1te as we are

[QUOTE=JUSTaway;39954591]As someone mentioned the transition is too slow, we must be the least direct team in the league, in part because we have no pace or strength up top, or ball carriers from midfield, we might have them in central areas but not on show tonight, which makes us so easy to play against, our slow build up just lets teams get behind the ball and leave no space.

And............. that totaled up means we are just pretty sh ite.....

Absolutely incredible decision to leave out Watt after all the ****ing trouble the clubs gone to to bring him in. I'm not buying that he wasn't fit enough to start but McNulty was? Tam raving about the chemistry in the last 25 minutes, would have been a lot more effective in the first ****ing 25 I'd have thought

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Couldn’t agree more!!
    When I learnt McNoscore was ahead of Watt, I genuinely was deflated!!
    To then see Neilson at RB instead of Freeman (along with above), FFS, that’s a sackable offence!! Courts GTF!
    I think a lot of stuff is being done off "manuals" and "modelling" at the moment.

I'm happy for modern techniques to be used but sometimes you get your head stuck in a manual and you end up with a team of robots trying to play like a manual. To me that's what we look like at the minute. Pedestrian and far nice. Winning teams aren't nice and polite. Just look at Ferguson Clough and McLean teams, they didn't fanny about. A different era but the principle is still basically the same especially in the SPL.

So often we end up having to try to break down 11 men because no one will turn and play it forward. Plus some of our players first touches and decision making are terrible.
    So by the time weve passed it back and across, hardworking teams have their 11 behind the ball and we have to start all over again. Glass has shown that he is prepared to run at a defence and commit men but he didn't get on until it was too late.

I do think we have a coach who can deliver but he needs to get his head out of the manuals and start allowing free flowing attacking football THE SECOND we win the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Just heard him on Sportscene saying, "There was lots of chemistry all over the pitch tonight."

Send him back to Insights with the rest of the woo woo people.
    Can't listen to his pi5h, it's worse than Shabba ffs.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)