+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Controversial goals (images inside)

Controversial goals (images inside)

So youtube isn't the best for getting stills but...

This is an absolute shocker for the linesman, could really have killed the game off completely and it's not even that close - how did he miss that?

Also, I've watched the first Best goal about 10 times and I can't really tell what happened. In the picture below, has the first header crossed the line? It's hard to tell from the angle so would appreciate anyone who was in line with a better view because after the keeper claws at it Best clearly handballs it over the line!

re: Controversial goals (images inside)

I was going to post the same thing Mike about our second goal. Not sure if the lino gave the goal after Bests initial header or after but if it was the latter then it was handball. Their 2nd was offside but I'll take 3-3 and move on.

The ball is over the line in the pic, how do you not see that?

Best headed the ball twice, he didn't handle it.

In the first pic millertop? I'll be honest I can't really tell! Looking at the keepers right foot I would have assumed his right hand was close to being in line with it but it's the angle which makes it impossible for me to tell - I'll gladly take it as being obvious and me having bad depth perception but I will say this - kudos to the linesman on that side for spotting it, would have been easy to miss as it was so fast!

Quote Originally Posted by TONY316
    I really don't think that's the case but it's one I'm happy to disagree on given the end result!

Can't see where you're seeing a handball, the goalie and defenders didn't appeal for it. But Martin was offside and he has a quick look across at the linesman because he thought he was

Quote Originally Posted by TONY316
    Best 100% handled it the second time (not intentionally) but as Michael says it is something I am happy to overlook!!!

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by michaeldc
    In the first pic millertop? I'll be honest I can't really tell! Looking at the keepers right foot I would have assumed his right hand was close to being in line with it but it's the angle which makes it impossible for me to tell - I'll gladly take it as being obvious and me having bad depth perception but I will say this - kudos to the linesman on that side for spotting it, would have been easy to miss as it was so fast!
    Look at the ball and post, can you see from that?

I would say it's unintentional handball.
    Offside but where was the Lino, he can't have been in line with the players

All I know is the ball was definitely over the line at some point for Bests first. Sat in West stand towards North. His second was even more clear cut !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast