Not all Brits are equal. It's been going on for a long time. It is, chiefly, the reason the Irish left.
1690, Ireland conquered by the English.
1707 Scotland join the Union, in dubious circumstances. Wales had earlier been subsumed by war and a dodgy marriage.
You'd think that by 1707, or a few years thereafter, we'd all be simply Brits.
But no.
Regiments raised in Scotland, on a promise that they'd only serve in Scotland were sent overseas.
When England had a famine, the Irish died of hunger. The same would have happened in the Highlands. Their food was taken away. But Scotland was too cold for the Colorado beetle, the blight didn't get here and the potatoes did not turn to mush.
The Highlanders had worse in store.
Cleared from the land for sheep.
Many sent to indentured servitude in the West Indies that led to an early grave.
There are Britz and there are Brits.
It still goes on.
Scotland has circa 97% of UK oil.
But our country has not had its infrastructure developed.
Ever the call is that London and the SE need it and it will benefit us all.
How am I benefitted by HS1?
Terminal 5? A second runway?
I'd rather the UK 's clearest runway was built up so I could hop on a transatlantic flight after a two hour drive, not an hour's flight.
Scotland we are told is poor.
After 3 centuries in one of the world's most powerful economies? With our small population and embarrassment of resources? Our educated population?
I smell Sh1te.
Either we are poor, and the Union didn't help us, or they are lying.

We are wealthy, we have many friends. And we are most certainly not stupid.
So how is it so many don't understand there are Britz and Brits, and we are second class Brits at that.
Time we got off our knees and looked at our abundance. Looked at what our great wee country has, what we've done and imagine what we can do.