+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    How would we all feel if Wrexham came in with a £500k+ offer? Doesn't bear thinking about...
    Probably about the same as Villa fans felt when (our) Jack went to Man City for £100M.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Firstly, I am sure that Roberts would not see Wrexham a step up, and believe the club would want a lot more than £500K.
    Secondly, I hope that we follow the wonderful example set by Brentford, and only sell our best players when the time is right for both Roberts and Notts.
    I agree with the sentiment but rarely is the timing right for both. Notts have to progress at a quick enough pace to retain top players, that looks unlikely with Cal.

I'd be far more concerned and interested with any sell on % than the transfer fee, it's at least as equally important if not more.

I don’t think Roberts would fetch more than 500k tops, although it would be nice.

As we’ve already seen there are some cracking players at this level and below at really decent prices So 500k could easily solve our midfield ‘problem’ and also go some way to replacing Cal.

The situation with Wootton is more concerning I guess if his contract is up next year. Maybe being given the vice captain role will go some way to persuade him to sign a new contract. I’d hate to see him go just as much as Roberts.

£500k would be a joke and I’d tell anyone offering that to get stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    £500k would be a joke and I’d tell anyone offering that to get stuffed.

Agree

500k now maybe. IF he stays injury free and keeps on doing what he is doing all season then 1 million plus as he has lots of time on his contract and there is likely to be plenty of competition from his signature from clubs with plenty of money.

He doesn't have that much longer left on his contract. End of next season, I believe.

He'll be gone next summer and I don't think any Notts fan will begrudge him a move to a club in a higher division - its just down to the club to negotiate a good deal and sell on clause.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    He doesn't have that much longer left on his contract. End of next season, I believe.

He'll be gone next summer and I don't think any Notts fan will begrudge him a move to a club in a higher division - its just down to the club to negotiate a good deal and sell on clause.
    Agreed he will go, if we get promoted he may stay another season but I wouldn’t even bank on that. After listening to his interview with Paul Mace, he genuinely seems very happy here and I don’t think he’s going to jump ship to just anyone as he’s had bad experiences before.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Agreed he will go, if we get promoted he may stay another season but I wouldn’t even bank on that. After listening to his interview with Paul Mace, he genuinely seems very happy here and I don’t think he’s going to jump ship to just anyone as he’s had bad experiences before.
    Who knows. Maybe he'll show some loyalty, a la Sloco? We supported him thru a difficult injury, maybe he'll show some gratitude? Or maybe not. 🤣

What is he, 24 years old? He has probably 6 years of ‘prime’ career ahead of him, no matter how much he likes it here he isn’t going to stick around if a club from the championship or even possibly league one come knocking….and you couldn’t begrudge him that.

We’ve known this is going to be the ownership style all along and the sale of Roberts and the money it brings could well finance a squad that sees us get promotion. It’s easy to say, but look at Brentford, they’ve sold their best players year on year but have still risen due to their great recruitment.

Those saying he’s worth a million at least are pretty optimistic I feel but imagine what that money could buy at this level with our recruitment model.

Do we really need the money though? I agree anyone is for sale if the money's right, we won't get a million for him so what's the right money for Notts when you think how valuable Roberts is to us? £500k? £250K? Whatever we get will have to go on a replacement and someone of his quality won't be cheap, there goes the transfer fee already. In Roberts we already have a diamond so it's a faint hope we can buy someone as good by selling him and then dipping into the transfer pool for an emerald or a ruby. We have him, we should keep him, and look to add quality not sell it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast