+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice guys

Nice guys

Ardley and Burchnall were both personable, reasonable, nice guys.

Their teams were also too nice.

The next manager should be somewhat nice, but also have a thinly veiled air of the lunatic about him.

Put your analytics away Reedtz brothers, I've solved the problem for you.

What's Steve Evans up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    What's Steve Evans up to these days?
    Managing Stevenage I believe.

An Evans / Rowe managerial duo would be pretty unpleasant.

The next variable to address would be the viewing in the players' digs. I heard in an interview that they all watch Temptation Island. Not saying that's connected to the fact that we have a team full of soft-as-5hit metro***uals, but actually yes I think it might be.

I think we need Roy Keane as DoS (Director of Streaming) so the players can listen to 24 / 7 coverage of pundits *******ing players for shirking tackles, losing their man at set pieces, and not tracking runs with sufficient gusto.

I genuinely think that would be money better spent than whatever we are paying the set piece analyst.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    An Evans / Rowe managerial duo would be pretty unpleasant.

The next variable to address would be the viewing in the players' digs. I heard in an interview that they all watch Temptation Island. Not saying that's connected to the fact that we have a team full of soft-as-5hit metro***uals, but actually yes I think it might be.

I think we need Roy Keane as DoS (Director of Streaming) so the players can listen to 24 / 7 coverage of pundits *******ing players for shirking tackles, losing their man at set pieces, and not tracking runs with sufficient gusto.

I genuinely think that would be money better spent than whatever we are paying the set piece analyst.
    Evans as manager, Rowe as assistant, Martin Allen as team counsellor. Perfect.

Martin Allen seems to have a decent balance between really nice guy, and loony toon

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Evans as manager, Rowe as assistant, Martin Allen as team counsellor. Perfect.
    ah, you pipped me at the post gump

Loved it when we were proper nasty and hated by other clubs, Sirrel, Warnock, Allardyce, Allen. none of those could be described as nice people.

Biggest waste of an opportunity was not employing Evans when Rodwell was here, with those two having been closely associated at Boston. Every time Evans' name came up, this forum would go into meltdown with cry babies vowing not to attend another game if he was employed as manager. As we know, the Trews kept a very close eye on social media and I wouldn't be surprised if that's why RT never made what seemed to be an obvious move at the time for somebody who would likely have been a damned sight more successful than Short, Ince, Curle, Kiwomya etc.
    He probably wouldn't have hit it off with AT though to be fair and lasted 6 months, sacked the moment we had a couple of bad results.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Loved it when we were proper nasty and hated by other clubs, Sirrel, Warnock, Allardyce, Allen. none of those could be described as nice people.
    I think they could all be perfectly charming most of the time, but they all also had the ruthless 'other side' to them that motivated players so they would give that extra 10% to avoid seeing that other side, especially to not see it directed towards them.

You can't have a complete tyrant as manager because he would just become hated, but you do need a bit of an edge which then is transmitted to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I think they could all be perfectly charming most of the time, but they all also had the ruthless 'other side' to them that motivated players so they would give that extra 10% to avoid seeing that other side, especially to not see it directed towards them.

You can't have a complete tyrant as manager because he would just become hated, but you do need a bit of an edge which then is transmitted to the players.
    What you describe is basic man management

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast