+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do The Owners Ambitions Match The Supporters'?

Do The Owners Ambitions Match The Supporters'?

For me not, time to up their game and show some desire next season, they've had plenty of time to get their feet under the table and excuses are wearing thin. They need to step up a gear.

PS: Everyone is entitled to an opinion, there’s no right or wrong, please don’t post smart arse comments, just don’t bother posting if that’s all you can contribute.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-05-2022 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Fixed typos in title

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    For me not, time to up their game and show some desire next season, they've had plenty of time to get their feet under the table and excuses are wearing thin. They need to step up a gear.
    Definetly not. They brought the club as a National League club ( I doubt they would have buyed if we had stayed in League 2) , they are happy with the club being in the National League
    Its all a long term plan getting young or in experienced players and managers and hoping it works out over 3 or 4 years
    We are staying in this league for the forseeable future, because our season ultimately will come down to 2 or 3 play off matches every season

PS: Everyone is entitled an opinion, there’s no right or wrong, please don’t post smart arse comments, just don’t bother posting if that’s all you can contribute.[/QUOTE]

Yes for me. They just need to get the right manager, I enjoyed IBs football but I’m now of the view we do need to mix it up more with recruitment.
    If Wrexham go up I would suggest they do invest a little more money this season as it will probably give us an excellent opportunity to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    PS:
    Yes for me. They just need to get the right manager, I enjoyed IBs football but I’m now of the view we do need to mix it up more with recruitment.
    If Wrexham go up I would suggest they do invest a little more money this season as it will probably give us an excellent opportunity to win it.
    Agree, also on the recruitment I think I read somewhere that of the seven players we signed permanently only two featured in the play off match against Grimsby (could be wrong on that)

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post

PS: Everyone is entitled to an opinion, there’s no right or wrong, please don’t post smart arse comments, just don’t bother posting if that’s all you can contribute.
    I think they are more realistic than most of us. They have slashed the wage bill, implemented a model that should make us sustainable. I suspect we are still running at a loss but not to the same levels of years gone by.

All that said. I can’t agree with Davy that anyone at the club is happy we are in the National League still.

If Wrexham go up this season, next season doesn’t have that obvious favourite IMO. No club will have that significant financial backing. With the squad we have as it stands, and hopefully with a handful of useful additions, it could represent our best chance of promotion yet.

Who we get as manager could be very telling in the ambitions of the brothers. IB came as a head coach. Will we now go the more traditional manager route?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    PS: Everyone is entitled an opinion, there’s no right or wrong, please don’t post smart arse comments, just don’t bother posting if that’s all you can contribute.
    If Wrexham go up I would suggest they do invest a little more money this season as it will probably give us an excellent opportunity to win it.[/QUOTE]

Who is posting smart arse comments ?

They said at the start of the season, they were giving it a go for promotion, the their 1st season was a bonus as everything was a rush. If the new mans style of play is the same as the last 3 then they can do one. They are pulling the strings & the Head Coach is nothing more than a nodding dog to them

Maybe the recent change to the board personal will make a difference, maybe they are about to employ a genius of a manager. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

You'd have to concede that they do have the backing of the supporters at the moment, nothing speaks louder than bums on seats, but that was true of Hardy also.

Sadly, I think they will prove to be yet another link on the chain to the giant iron ball that's been tied to our ankles since the days of Scardino and Storrie.
    The ever optimistic Hardy was a very different character to the dour and miserable Trew, the current owners are unlike either of them, but they will all have one thing in common, taking us further down the pyramid from where they found us and I'm expecting this regime to be yet another to end in tears. Hope I'm wrong obviously, but as that great philosopher Roy Walker once said, you have to say what you see.

Every owner other than Dunnet and Pavis had peaked with their best season within the first three years of taking over whilst the aforementioned pair had both achieved a promotion by now having appointed an iconic Notts legend as manager in season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Who is posting smart arse comments ?[/QUOTE]

I think his post is just formatted wrong that’s all, that part is from my original post, no problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think they are more realistic than most of us. They have slashed the wage bill, implemented a model that should make us sustainable. I suspect we are still running at a loss but not to the same levels of years gone by.

All that said. I can’t agree with Davy that anyone at the club is happy we are in the National League still.

If Wrexham go up this season, next season doesn’t have that obvious favourite IMO. No club will have that significant financial backing. With the squad we have as it stands, and hopefully with a handful of useful additions, it could represent our best chance of promotion yet.

Who we get as manager could be very telling in the ambitions of the brothers. IB came as a head coach. Will we now go the more traditional manager route?
    Well i think the owners are happy with National league, there has been no urgency to really make a strong challenge for the top position.
    Its all an experiment - ie the long term plan. With everything we have seen over the last 3 years - we can all see that this is true
    You are correct in who the next manager is will tell us a lot- lets hope its not a rookie like IB who needs 3 or 4 years to get it right

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast