+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No Lamps ?

No Lamps ?

Talking to Birmingham now apparently. We're making a big mistake if we allow him to slip through our hands......imo.

I can see the advantages for appointing Lampard, but I can also understand the reservations. Can't say I'd be massively disappointed if it wasn't Lampard. As long as were not planning on giving it to Bellamy or Pardew either.

I really don't understand why so many people seem to think Bellamy is such a better choice than Lampard? I know he is already in the setup. But he has zero experience and has had a number of documented issues in the very recent past. Failing to see what anyone thinks he is going to bring to table.

Pardew is a dinosaur. Has been out of the game for too long. Would also be a massive step backwards.

I think we need to look at other candidates.

My sister-in-law ran across Lampard on a beach in Greece a few years ago, she claimed he's "100% shagable" other than that I have heard no other claims as to why he should manage Burnley Football Club. Incidentally she supports that lot down the road in Darwen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    My sister-in-law ran across Lampard on a beach in Greece a few years ago, she claimed he's "100% shagable" other than that I have heard no other claims as to why he should manage Burnley Football Club. Incidentally she supports that lot down the road in Darwen.
    A manager who has finished 4th in the PL, only missing out on 3rd on GD, and got 3 more points than Poch did this season in the process, and got them to the FA Cup Final and top of a Champions League qualifying group should be good enough for little old Burnley in the Championship. Who do you think we should appoint with a better record than that mon ami ?

Lampard did OK at Derby & Chelsea first time round. It's the Everton and Chelsea caretaker roles which seem to have ruined his reputation.

I wouldn't be totally against him, VK hardly had a glowing CV when we took him on.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    A manager who has finished 4th in the PL, only missing out on 3rd on GD, and got 3 more points than Poch did this season in the process, and got them to the FA Cup Final and top of a Champions League qualifying group should be good enough for little old Burnley in the Championship. Who do you think we should appoint with a better record than that mon ami ?
    I'm totally ambivalent mon ami, I reckon with a decent fitness coach and backup physio team I could take this lot up, and I kid you not!

Muric,
    BPF,
    Vigouroux,
    Sambo,
    Vitinho,
    Delcroix,
    Esteve,
    Al-Dakhil,
    O'Shea,
    Taylor,
    Dodgson,
    Cullen,
    Berge,
    Massengo,
    Benson,
    Zaroury,
    Odobert,
    Koleosho,
    Bruun Larsen,
    Ramsey,
    Tresor,
    Rodriguez,
    Foster,
    Amdouni,
    Obafemi.

This lot will breeze the Championship.
    Gypsy Rose is also betting on this lot departing:
    Trafford, £25 million.
    Roberts, £3 million.
    Ekdal, £5 million.
    McNally, £5 million.
    Beyer, £20 million.
    Egan Riley, £500,000.
    Brownhill, £10 million.
    Bastien, £250,000.
    Weghorst, £5 million.
    Twine, £5 million.
    Churlinov, £1.5 million.
    Costelloe, Loan.
    Mellon the younger, Loan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm totally ambivalent mon ami, I reckon with a decent fitness coach and backup physio team I could take this lot up, and I kid you not!

Muric,
    BPF,
    Vigouroux,
    Sambo,
    Vitinho,
    Delcroix,
    Esteve,
    Al-Dakhil,
    O'Shea,
    Taylor,
    Dodgson,
    Cullen,
    Berge,
    Massengo,
    Benson,
    Zaroury,
    Odobert,
    Koleosho,
    Bruun Larsen,
    Ramsey,
    Tresor,
    Rodriguez,
    Foster,
    Amdouni,
    Obafemi.

This lot will breeze the Championship.
    Gypsy Rose is also betting on this lot departing:
    Trafford, £25 million.
    Roberts, £3 million.
    Ekdal, £5 million.
    McNally, £5 million.
    Beyer, £20 million.
    Egan Riley, £500,000.
    Brownhill, £10 million.
    Bastien, £250,000.
    Weghorst, £5 million.
    Twine, £5 million.
    Churlinov, £1.5 million.
    Costelloe, Loan.
    Mellon the younger, Loan.
    Very good mon ami, you're very good at dodging my question as well. Who else out there and available can even come close to matching Lampard's CV, never mind beating it ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Very good mon ami, you're very good at dodging my question as well. Who else out there and available can even come close to matching Lampard's CV, never mind beating it ?
    I'm not dodging your question sinkov, I really care not a jot either way.

Alan Pace came up trumps with Der Kaiser, I'm happy to leave it with him.

My mucker sinkov seems to have the hots for "Won Nowt" Lampard and asks who has a better CV and is free to come to Burnley?

Currently languishing in South Korea doing a "nothing job" is Roberto Di Matteo who has actually won something.

Fancy an Italian mon ami?

Prefer Nino's in Rawtenstall

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)