+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kompany

Kompany

Close to being announced as the new Bayern Munich coach.

From being relegated to the Chimpo to one of the biggest clubs in the world. Hadn't realised his stock was so high?

Just me who finds it odd?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Close to being announced as the new Bayern Munich coach.

From being relegated to the Chimpo to one of the biggest clubs in the world. Hadn't realised his stock was so high?

Just me who finds it odd?
    Apparently Bayern was impressed by the style he was trying to play at Burnley. They believe he just lacks quality players. They also think that he learnt a lot from Pep

He's a class act and he'll succeed with a top club like this.

That and they want a manager who already speaks German, Kompany played in Germany and can speak the lingo

Let's see how he does with a better set of tools in a slightly less competitive league.

I wish him all the best. Genuine geezer, stand up fella, great captain, a winner, hates the red filth.

Agreed Zip - tad odd.

But I sort of get it - if he has the players that can play they want he wants to then he'll do really well I suspect.

However, lots of pressure on him next season - if he doesn't win league he'll be gone following season as well.

More to point - Bellamy as assisstant manager at Bayern. . . WTF

Very odd. Bit like McKenna to Chelski.
    Smacks a bit of the ‘Frank Lampards’ to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Agreed Zip - tad odd.

But I sort of get it - if he has the players that can play they want he wants to then he'll do really well I suspect.

However, lots of pressure on him next season - if he doesn't win league he'll be gone following season as well.

More to point - Bellamy as assisstant manager at Bayern. . . WTF
    Bellamy is not going with Kompany.

Baffling appointment. A man who refused to change his style of play, despite being on a collision course with relegation since day one, does not smack of a competent manager. I’m sure he’ll have the players to play that way at Bayern but it still strikes me as an unambitious and risky appointment.

Better players will suit his management style so this could be a great appointment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)