+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: O/T Even the Tory Party are Blaming Johnson!

... and there was me thinking that "woke" was the same as "conspeorist". They are woke because they are "sharp" enough to see the New World Order, the Illuminati, the Cabal, the Freemasons and other groups being behind what the woke refer to as a plandemic. CV19 is all part of an evil plan to force us all to have the CV vaccination which contains:

1. stuff to change your DNA so "they" can control your thoughts
    2. RFID material so they know exactly where you are 24/7
    3. other Dr Evil like niceties I've forgotten.....

Am I wrong in my thoughts on what "woke" folk are?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Your correct I despise people who seem unable to think for themselves and take simplistic falsehoods and spew them out as if they are sensible factual comments. I despise people who use lazy stereotypes, who pretend they are only "broadly racist" who lay claim to being part of a forgotten, victimised group because it justifies their lazy uniformed views.

Far from despising "ordinary people", I despise the views of all such people that I've described. In my experience they are not defined by income, social status, education nationality, job or whatever you care to label people by.

I don't make a judgement on people due to their perceived social status, their income, their job, their accent or their education, in the same way I don't make a judgement on a persons race, ethnicity, nationality.

Thats precisely why I'm not bothered as you seem to be by BAME people appearing on TV, I judge a person on what they say and how they preform their job, who or what they are is irrelevant, in fact I don't give it another thought. If they speak crap and are ****e at their job then why would I respect them?

I know people who you would presumably class as "ordinary" who do not parrot *******s from dubious sources, but have views that are well founded and actually their own. I know very intelligent, people earning six figure sums who spout crap! I know people who have significant power, who are complete and utter ****s.

Neither am I threatened by people who are "different" or who have different views, some of my closet friends have completely opposite views to me, there is always an opposite and opposing view, sometimes several but they do all need to have one thing in common, they need some basis in fact and a demonstrate some individual thought. I mean its not too much to ask is it?

"Ordinary Joe"? Mm more broad brush assumptions about people - and me it seems, just who is this "ordinary joe" and what about "ordinary jill"? Doesn't she count? Its so simplistic to apply a label like this, in real life it does not apply and of course people aren't one dimensional.

This is another simplistic way of grouping people under a handy convenient label, presumably because your too lazy or too thick to think beyond such simplistic concepts? I notice you haven't explained who the "PC Brigade"are either, mind you thats kind of your style, not answering questions and making observations which no doubt you think are "clever" and sharp, unfortunately they don't come across as that, just clumsy and dull witted!

Its interesting that you think folk don't take any notice of me, I wonder quite how you reach that conclusion or is it just another lazy assumption. Or is it that your comforted by the thought that its the select few who post on here don't?

Ah well never mind keep taking the tablets because I couldn't give a ****!
    Yes I can tell by this post that you don’t give a ****. Sorry but you are still missing the point

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    ... and there was me thinking that "woke" was the same as "conspeorist". They are woke because they are "sharp" enough to see the New World Order, the Illuminati, the Cabal, the Freemasons and other groups being behind what the woke refer to as a plandemic. CV19 is all part of an evil plan to force us all to have the CV vaccination which contains:

1. stuff to change your DNA so "they" can control your thoughts
    2. RFID material so they know exactly where you are 24/7
    3. other Dr Evil like niceties I've forgotten.....

Am I wrong in my thoughts on what "woke" folk are?
    Not quite and if conspeorist is an abbreviation of conspiracy theorist then that probably encompasses most of the folk you are referring to - regarding the pandemic I'd use the term 'Covid denier' but of course for every world event there's a conspiracy theory or ten, and jeez are they devout!

I think rather than listen to my definition of 'woke', refer to the wikipedia entry, which does a reasonable job of defining it and putting it in context

It is, indeed, an abbreviation Andy.

I'm just waiting for all this CV malarkey to blow over and all the apocalypses the "woke / conspeorists" have forecast don't happen.

They'll be all over social media proclaiming that it was their revealing of the NWO plan that forced the change of mind.....

.... they'll still have to deal with 5G though and it won't have fried anyone's brain or boiled anyone's blood, much to their chagrin but even that answer is ready and waiting to be used...... "give it time" and it is one I received when I asked why their was a lack of fried brains and boiled blood in the areas where 5G had been tested and in those where it has already been rolled out.....

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Perhaps if your ‘observations’ include some examples of ‘social conscience gone mad’ it would further the debate.

There are things we all find irritating but those I can think of are a far cry from the ‘hijacking of social conscience’.
    Here's one that gets us away from the colour of folks' skin or their religious beliefs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-54009032

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Here's one that gets us away from the colour of folks' skin or their religious beliefs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-54009032
    Lol...hardly a ‘hijacking of social conscience’ then. Just a piece of silliness. Stupidly worded advert - you discover potential employee’s characteristics at the interview process - objected to by equally stupid people with too much time on their hands.

Aren’t we making a mountain out of a molehill? There are certain things that are always wrong...racism, ***ism, bullying of any sort at all are always amongst them, and there is no ’Covid conspiracy’...there’s a pandemic which is being managed far better in some parts of the world than others. End of.

PS...another thing that’s wrong...not being able to use words like s ex, te en and vi tal on an adult forum!

PS...another thing that’s wrong...not being able to use words like s ex, te en and vi tal on an adult forum!
    yes, great example, but its the (lets not use woke) PC Police that drive enterprises like Footy Mad to *** out such words (not V1TAL obviously, that's just bloody stupid)

Stupidly worded advert - you discover potential employee’s characteristics at the interview process - objected to by equally stupid people with too much time on their hands.
    Agreed but the former is an independant enterprise trying its hardest with few skills beyond crimping, whereas the latter is a (non-party-political) government enterprise that you and I are paying for! I don't want to shell out for stupid people (or for that matter pin-sharp ones) with too much time on their hands. I actually admire your general stance having come from the teaching profession, my teacher friends have some absolute horror stories about the 'social awareness' hoops they've had to jump through to basically keep their jobs due to 'people with too much time on their hands'. Am I misrepresenting things there? you have better insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I actually admire your general stance having come from the teaching profession, my teacher friends have some absolute horror stories about the 'social awareness' hoops they've had to jump through to basically keep their jobs due to 'people with too much time on their hands'. Am I misrepresenting things there? you have better insight.
    I’m not entirely sure what you mean, but then I haven’t been a teacher for quite a while.
    Suppose I’ve seen it from both sides...can remember coming across a teacher and a head teacher in the seventies who were both overtly racist towards West Indian kids in the school, and, much later in my career, I had an incident where a social worker accused me of racism because I challenged her suggestion that a mixed race te enager should be forced to meet her father - who was a thoroughly nasty piece of work - to be aware of her ‘roots’.
    In all those cases I said what I believed to be ‘right’ (thoughts that were, imo, governed by common sense and decency) and, for want of a better expression, ‘won’.

Yes, people have to be more careful with their choice of words nowadays...but is that such a bad thing considering how things sometimes used to be?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    WOKE is used as pejorative term by Right Wing commentators who are just stirring the ****e because they know unthinking people will jump on the bandwagon. In the same way that the supposed dropping of the words to Rule Britannia at the proms by the BBC was basically manufactured by an article in the right wing press and then a couple of right wing commentators because it suited their BBC bashing agenda.

Manufactured indignation over absolutely nothing.

Quite how he perceives this section of society to be a majority (or a growing minority) is puzzling! Who are this growing homogeneous mass of people who he knows think and feel this way? How does he know this? what evidence can he produce to support such an assertion?
    Yearh of course it was, In 1962 the New York Times published an article of “phrases and words you might hear today in Harlem”, a neighbourhood in the northern section of the New York City where many African-Americans live.

The African-American novelist William Melvin Kelley wrote the earliest known use of the word under its new definition in an article titled, “If you’re woke, you dig it”.

Don't forget those right wing nutters Harry and Megham who champion it, though please forget Harry wearing a swastika at a party. I'm sure he wasn't WOKE enough then

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)