+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

If we play like that against Everton, we’ll be brought down to Earth with a big bump.

Unbeaten in 3, two clean sheets on the trot.
    THE GREATEST ESCAPE IS ON COYB

Excellent performance today. Understandable that being just 1-0 up that we would get the jitters. Brighton's penalties were both a bit dubious to me, First one a bit soft but understood it, but Townsend actually did a great tackle, but we have been penalised a lot for good tackles this season. This should build some confidence. Hope so. Still can't see us pulling it off though.

Diangana btw, great player but what a difference when Phillips came off, Phillips played really well today getting lots of tackles in, tenacious. Diangana comes on and he's like a feather. Just blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Diangana btw, great player but what a difference when Phillips came off, Phillips played really well today getting lots of tackles in, tenacious. Diangana comes on and he's like a feather. Just blown away.
    I also thought Phillips did well today, also his little foul on their keeper when they were about to break was clever.

Yes, we won today but we fell into the same trap again by putting ten men behind the ball for the the last twenty minutes. We got away with it, just, but you're likely to concede under continual pressure. As I always say, you don't concede many goals when you're playing in the opposition's half.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Yes, we won today but we fell into the same trap again by putting ten men behind the ball for the the last twenty minutes. We got away with it, just, but you're likely to concede under continual pressure. As I always say, you don't concede many goals when you're playing in the opposition's half.

Four who deserve a mention for me are Bartley, Okay, Maitland Niles and Gallagher - worked so hard! Diagne had no service as Pereira didn't look interested and Phillips not much better and a relief when he went off. That said Diangana not good enough at this level!

Sitting back like that against a decent side like Everton will get us hammered. So lucky today!

Looks like Lee Mason's brother is refereeing the England rugby game!

Before today’s match Fatso said if we got 8-9 clean sheets in the last 13 games we’d stay up.

Judging by what you lot are saying the chances of many nil goal returns against us is going to be very slim.

We need to win at least 6 of our remaining 12 matches and although there are 6 winnable games amongst the remaining games it’s not going to happen without defence.

When you’ve won 3 out of 26 you don’t then suddenly win 7 out of 13 and get a couple of draws as well.

Although we’ve been hammered in numerous matches we’ve actually thrown so many potential points away from decent positions.

We’ve been awful this season but if we’d just had more nous against Chelsea, Burnley twice, away at Brighton and Sheff Utd and in a couple of other games we’d be sat on around 30 points.

What might’ve been eh?

I
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    I also thought Phillips did well today, also his little foul on their keeper when they were about to break was clever.
    Had a great game. Won possession back a number of times. Strong.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)