+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Move for Branthwaite now please

Move for Branthwaite now please

We need another top CB.

Everton have to sell players before the end of June. Man U is a bit uncertain at the moment, with who their manager will be etc...

Liverpool for him is a no go I think. Chelsea are wrapping up Tosin now, according to Fabrizio.

If we are interested in him, I think its the perfect time to put in a massive bid for him.

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    We need another top CB.

Everton have to sell players before the end of June. Man U is a bit uncertain at the moment, with who their manager will be etc...

Liverpool for him is a no go I think. Chelsea are wrapping up Tosin now, according to Fabrizio.

If we are interested in him, I think its the perfect time to put in a massive bid for him.
    Hallelujah. The kid is quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Hallelujah. The kid is quality.
    He's a left footer who plays Botman's position. Very good player indeed but we need to see what happens with Tosin as only yesterday Fab said that Newcastle were most advanced and favourites for his signature.

So let's see what happens. Lord knows why any player would want to join Chelsea, they'll sack their manager by February. Definition of a basket case club right now. If it's because they through 2x the wage offer at him then we will do well to avoid signing him as we don't need or want mercenaries in the squad, no matter how good.

Better players who are right footers, natural replacements for Schar I would go all in for are:
    Diomande at Sporting
    https://www.sofascore.com/player/dio...usmane/1394342

or my top pick with be

Leny Yoro. He's tipped to be the generational talent in his position at 18.
    https://www.sofascore.com/player/leny-yoro/1153315

Both would be considerably cheaper options and in my opinion a better fit in terms of development/first team readiness.

Just read this post after I shared my thoughts. Looks like Tosin is grabbing the cash and staying in London at the Basket case. Good luck to him I guess.
    https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2024/06/0...arabioyo-snub/

Dean Huijsen is another name I'd prefer the club bring in a head of Tosin TBH.
    Dean Huijsen https://www.sofascore.com/player/dean-huijsen/1176744

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    He's a left footer who plays Botman's position. Very good player indeed but we need to see what happens with Tosin as only yesterday Fab said that Newcastle were most advanced and favourites for his signature.

So let's see what happens. Lord knows why any player would want to join Chelsea, they'll sack their manager by February. Definition of a basket case club right now. If it's because they through 2x the wage offer at him then we will do well to avoid signing him as we don't need or want mercenaries in the squad, no matter how good.

Better players who are right footers, natural replacements for Schar I would go all in for are:
    Diomande at Sporting
    https://www.sofascore.com/player/dio...usmane/1394342

or my top pick with be

Leny Yoro. He's tipped to be the generational talent in his position at 18.
    https://www.sofascore.com/player/leny-yoro/1153315

Both would be considerably cheaper options and in my opinion a better fit in terms of development/first team readiness.
    He is two footed Raga. One of a rare breed. I'll draw your attention to this quote:

"Branthwaite’s 59 to 41 per cent split is impressive, especially as he plays on his natural side. “If I’m hitting a long pass, I’ll go with my left; short passes with my right,” he explained."

Some of his coaches have actually claimed he is right footed.

Its simple, with Tosin to Chelsea we have to sign someone better.

Come on Amanda, put the €65mil (or whatever it is) on the table.

I'd love for us to get him but I sadly think he'll go elsewhere.

He is one of their most sellable assets, so they'll aim for bidding war.

He’ll go at a premium for sure, there’ll be a lot of clubs in for him, including Liverpool.

I’d not be surprised to see Chelsea in too… imagine if Tosin signs there then is benched by their next signing 🤦*♂️

You'd like to think we could afford it with a lot of wages off the books this summer and our new sponsor, sky money and CL payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    He’ll go at a premium for sure, there’ll be a lot of clubs in for him, including Liverpool.

I’d not be surprised to see Chelsea in too… imagine if Tosin signs there then is benched by their next signing 🤦*♂️
    Well, you make your bed...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)