+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 160 of 254 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2534

Thread: M-m-m-my Corona…

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    At the next election we will be asked to voice a view on the next Government. Better that the view expressed is based on the evidence of what lies behind decisions so we can judge whether these were the best decisions or whether somebody else might have made better ones. Without the evidence we are then, like you are doing now, basing our next vote on whether the Dear Leader is making the best decisions on our behalf on the thought that she's bound to be following the medical advice. The advice though comes from the same school as lawyers. Put 5 in a room and ask a question and you'll get 5 answers. It may have escaped your notice that there are considerably different views being expressed by the medical experts.
    Sounds like you've made your mind up already.

It's also unlikely that you'll get 5 different answers.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    He is one of the spokespersons at the front of articulating the Scottish Governments reasoning and justification for their current implementation on the fight against Covid-19.

Do some just disregard him because he is a dentist?

On the point above, I'm sure he is not the one directly analyzing the data, he's just the frontman articulating it to us all
    Plenty disregard him because he's a dentist, some because they believe they know better and lots of people disregard him because of Nicola Sturgeon*

*Dear leader, wee Krankie, wee boot...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Sounds like you've made your mind up already.

It's also unlikely that you'll get 5 different answers.
    Why do you think that? If I'd made up my mind why would I be asking questions to help me make up my mind?

It also seems to me that there is a wide range of views (the number 5 is an example not a definitive, but of course you know that) amongst the medical experts. The politician's job is to determine what s/he thinks is the most plausible view, then explain to the public why s/he takes that view. We can then form a view as to where to put our cross in the ballot box.

Why do you think that? If I'd made up my mind why would I be asking questions to help me make up my mind?

It also seems to me that there is a wide range of views (the number 5 is an example not a definitive, but of course you know that) amongst the medical experts. The politician's job is to determine what s/he thinks is the most plausible view, then explain to the public why s/he takes that view. We can then form a view as to where to put our cross in the ballot box.
    "Dear leader"

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    "Dear leader"
    This comes from a concern that in a democracy the ruling party has a duty to explain it's decisions and answer questions from the opposition. Nicola has shown a disregard of this duty by not providing evidence for decisions (which we may or may not agree with but respect the Governments right to make them provided explanation is given), by calling into question oppositions right to question using words like ludicrous and preposterous in response, and having a selective forgetfullness. Without an effective opposition and a transparent government you have in effect a one party state.

Hence my use of "Dear Leader" to reflect her current behaviour rather than resort to the more personal abusive terms which I'd prefer not to use. (But might have resorted to sometime due to frustration.)

I bet our Dear Leader is fairly frustrated too, having to deal with that line of questioning from halfwits like Davidson, Rennie & Leonard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I bet our Dear Leader is fairly frustrated too, having to deal with that line of questioning from halfwits like Davidson, Rennie & Leonard.
    She could easily cut out the questioning by answering the questions she's been asked as is her duty in a democracy.

She doesnt like questions full stop.

Never mind she will be able to go back to the notes taken during/regarding meetings, advice etc.....oh haud on.

She could easily cut out the questioning by answering the questions she's been asked as is her duty in a democracy.
    You should write her a letter, detailing your grievances. I’m sure it’ll be her top priority once the whole global pandemic thing’s out the road.

You should write her a letter, detailing your grievances. I’m sure it’ll be her top priority once the whole global pandemic thing’s out the road.
    I don't need to do that. The Leaders of Aberdeen City Council, as my representatives, have already written to her with some questions. They were dismissed as ludicrous and preposterous for even asking the question.

The way it works is that the Dear Leader has a whole Civil Service behind her to prepare answers for her, even in the middle of a global pandemic. However she choses to ignore democracy and dismiss legitimate questions as a slur on her personally.
    Last edited by sonofrgmsdad; 09-10-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Page 160 of 254 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast