+ Visit Everton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should Barkley Be Risked For Liverpool Game?

Should Barkley Be Risked For Liverpool Game?

Personally I say 'no'. I'd rather Ross Barkley was given more time to heal %100 than throw him into such a game, and risk losing him for even longer. And let's be honest, you just know that Goofy Magoo will be running around stomping on the feet of any Player in a blue shirt :/

Roberto Martinez: 'Ross Barkley could have injection to face Liverpool'.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez has said that midfielder Ross Barkley could play in tonight's Merseyside derby at Liverpool.

The 20-year-old has not featured for the Toffees since picking up a toe injury in the 4-0 win over Queens Park Rangers on January 4.

Barkley will undergo a late fitness test ahead of the Anfield clash and may receive a pain-relieving injection if he is involved.

"He might have an injection because the injury will allow that, but what we can't afford is to lose him for a longer period," Martinez explained.

"So it is a possibility he could have an injection but, it's a blessing not

re: Should Barkley Be Risked For Liverpool Game?

doesn't sound as though his injury has healed,so I agree don't play him.

Agree about the cheating racist stomping on his feet too.Hope somebody stomps on his ugly grid !

I wouldn't risk him from the start if there is s achance he will aggravate his injury and miss even more games.

Different if it was later in the season but there is still a long way to go and we have too much to play for to elevate the derby above our future prospects.

Would love to see Barkley unleashed against their joke of a defence. But I agree...***** player for me. If he's on the bench it could be a morale booster. Bobby knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Everton_Freak
    Would love to see Barkley unleashed against their joke of a defence.
    [color=navy]
    Unfortunately it was our defence that turned out to be the joke

True. Three defenders against three attackers doesn't really go does it...

Looked sharp tonight but still reckon we should rest him against Villa ahead of the important match against Spurs.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)