+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Disgrace Cummings

Feel for the poor coppers that are having to deal work the public all along, now having to deal with the "well he did it, so I'm doing it so **** you" line.

It

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Feel for the poor coppers that are having to deal work the public all along, now having to deal with the "well he did it, so I'm doing it so **** you" line.
    This is the real issue. Not whether someone thinks that they can do what the like.
    Yes it s the Police having to deal with it but also if large sections of the public ignore the government s directives we,re in line for a second wave which could be catastrophic.
    The consequences of this issue can be potentially very far reaching

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    With all due respect, it's not. The point is Cummings is a key decision maker within the government that created these rules.

That's hugely significant. It makes people reasonably question "why should we follow the rules if the people who created them don't even bother". Those journalists could raise that same point if they deem it in their 'better judgement' that they get the story and answers needed in a democracy.
    I’m not defending Cummings I think he’s a tool

As far as I’m aware the story’s already been reported on he was found out breaking safety guidance he helped create, so what could he possibly say in the street he can’t say via FaceTime or zoom?

With all due respect mate the way I see it it’s like a robber nicking stuff from a house then you go breaking into robbers house to take photos of what he’s nicked

Name:  F70FCB23-67F5-4EF4-B9E7-00D14B68CED6.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  10.8 KB

Look mate no social distancing themselves

I don’t get why they feel the need to stop outside someones house there’s Never as far as I know been one good bit of information that’s ever come from the doorstep

Really? Only idiots who have been flaunting lockdown rules from day one would use this excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post

As far as I’m aware the story’s already been reported on he was found out breaking safety guidance he helped create, so what could he possibly say in the street he can’t say via FaceTime or zoom?

With all due respect mate the way I see it it’s like a robber nicking stuff from a house then you go breaking into robbers house to take photos of what he’s nicked

I don’t get why they feel the need to stop outside someones house there’s Never as far as I know been one good bit of information that’s ever come from the doorstep
    All over him, if they want to play games then he should report the lot.
    Last edited by millertop; 25-05-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post

Good luck in your journalism career if you think asking people like Cummings for a Zoom call so you can call them out on their hypocrisy will get you anywhere.

They have provided important footage - I had been suspicious that his alleged trip to Barnard Castle has been made up - but seeing journalists ask him point blank to deny it and him refuse has helped inform my opinion.

I think they should do a better job of social distancing themselves, but their job is not to be squeaky clean, its to bring us the news.

In your example, the robber is the person who made robbing illegal in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Really? Only idiots who have been flaunting lockdown rules from day one would use this excuse.
    Nonsense. The lockdown was much tighter at first but only natural that people will weaken, and look for excuses to break it.

I think they should do a better job of social distancing themselves, but their job is not to be squeaky clean, its to bring us the news.

In your example, the robber is the person who made robbing illegal in the first place.
    Think this point will be lost on millertop. The fact that Cummings will have been involved in setting up social distancing policies for the rest of us dunt matter.

(Abuse ready...)

Good luck in your journalism career if you think asking people like Cummings for a Zoom call so you can call them out on their hypocrisy will get you anywhere.

They have provided important footage - I had been suspicious that his alleged trip to Barnard Castle has been made up - but seeing journalists ask him point blank to deny it and him refuse has helped inform my opinion.

So ignoring someone who sticks a camera up your nose as soon as you walk out the door makes you guilty? Wow corbyn must have been the devil then he did it on a weekly basis.

Of course Cummings is guilty there’s proof of what he did from actual professional journalists (someone with a mobile phone &#128514

Look at that video of kier Starmer clapping for nhs he asks are we done and media posted it everywhere like he was a monster, we don’t know how long he was clapping for, how many takes it took to get his good side. He could be wanting to know how long he had been stood there for.

The mainstream media are that dirty you can smell them before you see them

Nonsense. The lockdown was much tighter at first but only natural that people will weaken, and look for excuses to break it.
    This is true people have been looking for reasons to go out around here for past 2 week they keep talking about photos of people on beach my own grandma who’s 81 said “look at all them on beach why can I not go out when they are I’m 81 me I should be enjoying myself at my age not wasting away here with this fake illness”

They see stuff on news and start to think if it’s all a conspiracy ffs

Page 16 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast